Mocktails

ONT-CA

When in the Course of human event it becomes necessary for one to say farewell to alcohol, I am told that there is always the Mocktail. Would a Mocktail entail the makings of a Bloody Mary or a Caesar without the Vodka? How would one order such a drink?

And purchase the "Soda and More" package which permits unlimited mocktails. The package is currently $8.05; each mocktail is about $5.

Thanks for this good advice. And confirming the ordering I assume just placing the word "virgin" with the drink name makes it alcohol free.

Thanks for this good advice. And confirming the ordering I assume just placing the word "virgin" with the drink name makes it alcohol free.

Yep. Princess has a Mocktail Menu but it's very limited. You are not confined to their list. To me, the Unlimited Soda and More package is probably the best value on the ship. $8.05 per day (including the gratuity) is a great price. Have a virgin Bloody Mary, a Nojito, a Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada, or whatever. I like what I call "And Tonic". Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Tonic and lime is really quite a refreshing drink. Pretty much any drink you can think of can be made sans alcohol.

Absolutely. They have a "menu" of mocktails, but they will make any drink "virgin" for you and it counts in the package. Also, if there is something you like, talk to the bartender when he isn't busy--they will do come creative things. The only thing is that they don't always put the frou-frou mocktails in the fancy glass like they do the real ones.

When in the Course of human event it becomes necessary for one to say farewell to alcohol, I am told that there is always the Mocktail. Would a Mocktail entail the makings of a Bloody Mary or a Caesar without the Vodka? How would one order such a drink?

Virgin.

Yep. Princess has a Mocktail Menu but it's very limited. You are not confined to their list. To me, the Unlimited Soda and More package is probably the best value on the ship. $8.05 per day (including the gratuity) is a great price. Have a virgin Bloody Mary, a Nojito, a Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada, or whatever. I like what I call "And Tonic". Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Tonic and lime is really quite a refreshing drink. Pretty much any drink you can think of can be made sans alcohol.

If all you want is an olive, ask for a Virgin Martini.

Haha. DH frequently orders club soda or sparkling water with lime./quote]

Thanks all. I had always thought that the name Moctail implied a children's drink.

Funny - I think of things like a Shirley Temple as a kids drink...mocktail and “virgin” have always suggested to me adult beverage minus alcohol.

You can also do punch based drinks without the alcohol. Yes, there are drinks such as martinis or Long Island iced teas that would not make sense to order as virgin but many great drinks can be made without alcohol. If you ever sail Carnival and have the pleasure of the Alchemy Bar, they make fantastic non alcoholic creations from their stocks of juices, syrups, fruits, veggies, herbs and spices!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sticker is gone, it is all on the card. It isn't even a "recognize you" thing. Some locations swiped card each time, others never swiped card for a soda, even the first time. Of course the fact that you offer the card and say that you have the package is probably a tip off to them that you really do.

Daughter was swiped each time for a mocktail.