Electric toothbrush

Navywife26

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I plug my toothbrush into the socket in the main cabin if it needs it. My electric toothbrush only needs to be plugged in every 2 or 3 weeks to be charged. If yours has to be plugged in to work I’d suggest picking up a battery operated one for the cruise. I don’t think the plug in the bathroom was made for anything but a shaver.

Maureen

I plug my toothbrush into the socket in the main cabin if it needs it. My electric toothbrush only needs to be plugged in every 2 or 3 weeks to be charged. If yours has to be plugged in to work I’d suggest picking up a battery operated one for the cruise. I don’t think the plug in the bathroom was made for anything but a shaver.

Maureen

It's only marked that way but intended for any low wattage device like a phone, camera or toothbrush.

Thanks for the info on charging toothbrushes using the bathroom outlet. We've never touched that outlet (which is fairly surprising) and have been charging our Sonicare on the vanity every week or so.

How about a Waterpik flosser? Can I plug that in too?

We have a portable Waterpik we use for travel; however, it is not dual voltage, so we have to be certain to leave home and leave the ship with it fully charged to last a few days. They do make a dual voltage portable Waterpik ($99) and a battery operated one for about $35.

How about a Waterpik flosser? Can I plug that in too?

We currently bring our home (non-travel) waterpik. Used to bring a travel one that Yellow Fish mentioned but DW didn't like it much, especially for long trips.

Our waterpik has a polarized plug (one blade bigger than the other) which is a problem as many of the bathroom sockets do not accept polarized plugs. Also, as others have mentioned, that outlet doesn't have much capacity in watts and we've found even with an adapter for the plug, there's just not enough juice in the bathroom socket to run the device properly.

Our solution is to bring a light-duty extension cord and power the "pik" from a room socket. Kind of a pain but so is gum disease. ;)

Whatever toothbrush you take, make sure to have some kind of a cover for it when not in use - they sell little plastic covers or take a small plastic baggie like those used for crafts. If it's uncovered, it's exposed to whatever spray cleaning material the cabin stewards use a couple of times daily to clean toilets, counter tops and mirrors.

We currently bring our home (non-travel) waterpik. Used to bring a travel one that Yellow Fish mentioned but DW didn't like it much, especially for long trips.

Our waterpik has a polarized plug (one blade bigger than the other) which is a problem as many of the bathroom sockets do not accept polarized plugs. Also, as others have mentioned, that outlet doesn't have much capacity in watts and we've found even with an adapter for the plug, there's just not enough juice in the bathroom socket to run the device properly.

Our solution is to bring a light-duty extension cord and power the "pik" from a room socket. Kind of a pain but so is gum disease. ;)

Here’s a solution to the polarized plug that I used to be able to pug in a night light. I went to a local hardware store & picked up one of the adapter plugs. The employee when I explained what wanted took the adapter to the key person who cut & filed down one side & for .69 I had a adapter that works. This solution works for other things with the plug problem.

Tom😎

• 2 months later...

I just hate electric toothbrushes... My experience with this stuff is very sad. Imagine how you feel when there is a taste of plastic while brushing your teeth. I've found a bamboo toothbrush as an alternative to the plastic ones. It's organic and I think it's really safer for health to use such kind of toothbrushes. 

On 9/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, Clampram said:

You might want to consider buying a smaller, "travel" battery toothbrush just for travelling. Some work pretty well and they take up less space.

Got mine from CVS drugstore.

We do the same, although small they work well and definitely take up less space but most importantly they clean just as well.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:25 AM, I_r_a said:

The Ultimate 1st World problem? 🙂

Ira

So Ira, my take away from your comment is that we should refrain from asking questions that may offend those from countries who are not as affluent as ours?