Trip cancellation without medical--does it exist?

kunzler2

I've done some brief research and everything seems to include medical evacuation coverage.

I have medical evacuation and transportation coverage through my life insurance. I'm interested in trip cancellation insurance for our cruise because $4k in cruise, hotel, and airfare would be a big hit to take for our family. Is there stand-alone trip cancellation insurance? I tried looking on Insuremytrip.com and couldn't find any specifics--all seem to be comprehensive? TIA

I've done some brief research and everything seems to include medical evacuation coverage.

I have medical evacuation and transportation coverage through my life insurance. I'm interested in trip cancellation insurance for our cruise because $4k in cruise, hotel, and airfare would be a big hit to take for our family. Is there stand-alone trip cancellation insurance? I tried looking on Insuremytrip.com and couldn't find any specifics--all seem to be comprehensive? TIA

Call the folks at www.TripInsuranceStore.com

Don't just rely upon the online summaries. For one thing, the summaries can't answer questions, but more importantly, the summaries can't include all the fine print, which can *really* matter in this case.

GC

Be careful.

Don't you want medical insurance should you need medical care which is separate from evacuation.

Honestly the medical portion/evacuation is a very small component when it comes to the overall policy cost.

I know this because sometimes I have compared the cost of policies that will cover the cost of having to cancel the cruise versus having very little to any dollar coverage for that and only getting the benefits of medical and evacuation and it is relatively small in terms of dollars.

Keith