Tipping on MARELLA

Have just returned from my Caribbean cruise with TUI and sat on the table with the welfare officer , having been in the Merchant navy myself for many years i did bring up wage,s at sea.

Bedroom stewards $600 a month

waiting staff $700 a month all sent home to there families , i do tip my bedroom stewards as it is more personal thing I.E $10 each x 30 cabins not bad some thing i thought i would bring up something to talk about,

P.S to put things in perspective my wage,s were £38 12/6 a month back in 1965 ;)

Hi Howard similar to you we tip cabin steward $20 for two weeks that's if he/she is ok, last one was we had towel art most nights. The same for the MDR waiters, when we have the same table which we did on our last cruise (Discovery) the girls who give out the table tickets we gave $10 as they always had our preferred table/waiter ready for us, we always eat early so it was never a problem for other passengers. Then we usually take some 5s for the last night to hand out to any of the bar staff that looked after us well.

We do exactly as you $20/€20 for 2 weeks to cabin steward if good 20 to bar staff who look after us well and even to the great musicians 10 each Pensioncruiser knows those I mean. I've even had gifts back from them on our next cruise