Cabin 9556 on fantasy

cruisin1982

I take reports of "noisy" cabins with a grain of salt. The only place I wouldn't stay again is right below the night clubs on any ship. Other than that, in 30 DCL cruises + about 10 more on other lines, I've had a lot more noise from "noisy neighbors" than from any cabin location. Yes, we've experienced the aft thruster noise, but that is for a very short time while docking...thus, it didn't bother me at all.

If you are below the equivalent of the LIDO deck (Deck 11 on the Fantasy/Dream, and Deck 9 on the Magic/Wonder), you will have noise from moving of chairs at odd hours. Not an issue on the 9th deck on the Fantasy. As Moki'smommy indicates, noisy neighbors are the most likely issue (and was a big issue for us on a recent Southern Caribbean cruise on the Wonder). We also had an issue with a noisy floor once on the Magic (although that seems to have been an anomaly). We have tried many different stateroom on our 20+ DCL cruise, and have settled in mostly on Deck 6 on the Magic and Wonder. Easy access to public floors on the lower or upper decks. And no LIDO deck above us! On the Fantasy we had gone for Deck 10 in the past (despite the LIDO deck above us) but somehow booked a Deck 5 stateroom for our Christmas cruise last year and we really liked it. Easy access to lower deck public areas, quiet and easy access to forward elevators which don't seem to have so much traffic.

We always take a white noise machine, and more recently added an app for one on our iPhones. This tends to filter out a good bit of the noisy neighbor noises and facilitates a good nights sleep.

I’ve read noise from other decks. I tried to look what was above and below.

9556 should be smack in between decks of cabins on the Fantasy so not sure why there would be noise from other decks. Of course, there could always be a family of elephants and/or a family who lets their kids jump off the furniture above you...no guarantees on silence regardless of what is above you.