Sky & Sun- Service Charge Increase

jdazzler15

I just received an email saying that beginning 4/1/2018 service charges will be increasing for the Sky and Sun to $19.99 a day per person for inside/ocean view/balcony and $22.99 a day per person for suites.

Since when has there been an increase on the Sky/Sun that is higher than the rest of the fleet? And why? We are already paying for the open bar gratuities when booking, so am I missing something? What is the reason for the extra gratuities when comparing the Sky to the Escape?

Currently booked on the Sky 4/13/18. :cool::cool::cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

I thought the Sun and Sky have the Open Bar included which does not have a gratuity charge but is included in the fare, unlike the UBP on the other NCL ships where a gratuity is paid in advance separate from the fare.

I believe that is the reason for the higher Service Charge.

I thought the Sun and Sky have the Open Bar included which does not have a gratuity charge but is included in the fare, unlike the UBP on the other NCL ships where a gratuity is paid in advance separate from the fare.

I believe that is the reason for the higher Service Charge.

The price per person has significantly increased since before the open bar. I use to sail on the Sky before they did the open bar for under $300 per person and now you can't even get on the ship for under $450-$550 with taxes and fees. It was my understanding the total price per person includes the alcohol and gratuities, just like if you were choosing UBP on Escape. The fees are figured into the total price of the sailing. I did a dummy book for 4 nights on the Sky verse a 4 nights Epic cruise and the "gov't taxes, fees & port expense" is over $100 more on the Sky verse the Epic. I still don't see why all ships on the fleet wouldn't have the same daily service charge.

I have a booking on the Sun with the UBP and have paid $500 for gratuities on that package! What is all this about an open bar? I sailed the Sun last year with UBP as well ... when was this open bar introduced?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All DSC is increasing. Do it does afffect you. Just the short open bar cruises have a different DSC.

Just to clarify, Teamflames and I have been discussing the 19.99 DSC increase to the Sun and Sky. That doesn’t affect us but we are aware of the increase to 14.50.

Sent from my iPad using Forums