Breakaway 07/13 - Stockholm Port Change

Captain-John

"Dear Valued Guests,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics sailings.

Due to a berthing conflict, Norwegian Breakaway will dock in Nynashamn, Sweden from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

If you have pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line, your tour times will be updated.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services "

Surprise surprise. Seems this happens too often. I thought berths were booked well in advance? What could the conflict possibly be? Not nearly enough detail in this notice and no proposition of a solution either (i.e. transfers to Stockholm supplied by NCL).

Did you get an email? Curious, because I haven't and I know already that the Port of Stockholm website is showing all sailings of Breakaway as docking at Nynashamn (we are on the June 16th sailing that docks in Stockholm on the 23rd). If they make this adjustment for our sailing, they are at least giving us 2 more hours (I guess to account for the hour each way bus ride).

Now the question is - will they allow us to book the excursions they have listed for Nynashamn? There are some that are different from what they list for Stockholm proper. In particular, a couple that I think a lot of people would be interested in are the City Highlights and Leisure Time (Vasa Museum and then you're dropped off for about 4 hours of free time) and the Stockholm on Your Own (bus transport to Stockholm and then you're on your own).

Just got the dreaded email for our June 16th sailing. Docking in Nynashamn (7:00 to 5:00) and no longer showing us cruising the archipelago after our day in Stockholm.

Now to see if they will let us book any of the excursions that they usually offer for Nynashamn.

Just got the dreaded email for our June 16th sailing. Docking in Nynashamn (7:00 to 5:00) and no longer showing us cruising the archipelago after our day in Stockholm.

Now to see if they will let us book any of the excursions that they usually offer for Nynashamn.

Disappointed we won't be doing that