Is there a secret to Vibe passes?

Jcastle431

Just returned from the Escape this past Saturday, 10/21. Here's a quck review of our Vibe experience. There were 4 of us and we were lucky enough to score passes. We arrived at Terminal B at 9AM and we were in boarding group 1. We were one of the first for that boarding group to get on board and when we arrived at Headliners our Vibe pass numbers were 29-32. To us, the Vibe was well worth the price. While there are plenty of lounge chairs on the decks, it was nice not to have to put our towels out before breakfast so we could sequester 4 chairs together in a decent area. Also, we had a good group in the Vibe. There were 30 to 40 regulars that we got to know and enjoyed their company. The bartenders were great and it was nice not having to wait in line for service. I would definitely do it again. As far as it being windy, Friday was the only day that was suspect, but even that was bearable. While I know some people from the Haven had Vibe passes, I don't think it was more than 10 or so. All in all it really made our "deck time" on board the ship really enjoyable.

Just returned from the Escape this past Saturday, 10/21. Here's a quck review of our Vibe experience. There were 4 of us and we were lucky enough to score passes. We arrived at Terminal B at 9AM and we were in boarding group 1. We were one of the first for that boarding group to get on board and when we arrived at Headliners our Vibe pass numbers were 29-32. To us, the Vibe was well worth the price. While there are plenty of lounge chairs on the decks, it was nice not to have to put our towels out before breakfast so we could sequester 4 chairs together in a decent area. Also, we had a good group in the Vibe. There were 30 to 40 regulars that we got to know and enjoyed their company. The bartenders were great and it was nice not having to wait in line for service. I would definitely do it again. As far as it being windy, Friday was the only day that was suspect, but even that was bearable. While I know some people from the Haven had Vibe passes, I don't think it was more than 10 or so. All in all it really made our "deck time" on board the ship really enjoyable.

Thank you for this well put together review - maybe I'll try to make it to pier closer to 9.00 and start dashing to Headliners ASAP !

Did you or other readers have a balcony room, and if you did, did you feel like you needed the balcony room? Trying to figure out if I should increase my upgrade bid to balcony or try to get vibe passes?

This is our exact experience Oct. 2016! Going on the Bliss in 2019 and the 4 of us will try for Vibe again.

If you're going to plan on getting there early, a good way to increase your chances (assuming you get Boarding group 1) While waiting in the Terminal, it's best to hang out right at the rope where boarding will begin. From there, it just boils down to whoever makes it to Headliners first. My last cruise on the Escape in May, there was definite "competition" for Vibe, as well as some swift walking, followed by running, so be prepared for that. Also, depending on which terminal you're in, Boarding groups are Odd and Even, meaning that Boarding group 2 is basically the same as !... Good luck...

Thank you for this well put together review - maybe I'll try to make it to pier closer to 9.00 and start dashing to Headliners ASAP !

Did you or other readers have a balcony room, and if you did, did you feel like you needed the balcony room? Trying to figure out if I should increase my upgrade bid to balcony or try to get vibe passes?

On our Getaway cruise, we asked at Guest Services at 9PM and they still had passes. On our Escape cruise, people got them mid-afternoon, after not even arriving at the port until 1PM. You just never know. They do not always sell out within minutes.

Sounds like playing the lottery! I am not really looking forward to arriving 3 or 4 hours early and hanging around. I’ll just take my chances since it won’t be the end of world if I am unable to get them. We have lived through every other cruise without it and don’t see why we can’t live through this one! Good luck getting your Vibe On!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in group 1 boarding the Epic last fall for the Transatlantic. We were first in line at guest services only to find out that there were no Posh passes available for this cruise as a group had purchased them prior to boarding. Not happy as we have been told that no passes were sold ahead of time. Take your chances

Where does one run to attempt to purchase Posh access on Epic?

Since there is no private Haven sun deck, all Haven guests get access to Posh included. There are literally maybe 5-10 passes sold to the "general" public. We sailed Epic last year in the Haven and all the non-Haven guests who had access were B2B passengers. I suspect this is the norm.

On the 2nd leg, you will board before general boarding begins. You can walk to Headliners for your number and buy a pass for $99 pp.

Was just on ESCAPE B2B and was allowed to reserve a vibe pass for the second leg. Just go to guest services and tell them you are a B2B passenger. When I went to pick up the pass in Headliners they had my name on a list and it was set up. I did have a pass for the first leg. Maybe that helped.

Was just on ESCAPE B2B and was allowed to reserve a vibe pass for the second leg. Just go to guest services and tell them you are a B2B passenger. When I went to pick up the pass in Headliners they had my name on a list and it was set up. I did have a pass for the first leg. Maybe that helped.
That makes sense. I read the question as they didn't have on the first leg but wanted for the second leg.

In your case, was a new card issued or was the first card valid for both weeks?

How about selling the room type--Balcony w/Vibe, Mini-Suite w/Vibe etc......First booked, First Served. Seems better than a running race on to the ship.
A few potential problems...

• There are more suites than there are passes. Not every suite guest wants VIBE but how would they decide how many suites get VIBE access?
  • What if 4 adults are in the stateroom? Do all 4 get or just guests 1&2?
  • What if someone wants to bid/upgrade? Do they lose their VIBE access?

There are going to be problems with any system. Having staterooms with spa access only works because spa access can also be purchased by any adult. For VIBE to work in the same way, reserving online would have to be possible. If reserving online happens, suite guests (who have to pay in full sooner) should be allowed to reserve sooner and that will upset some others just like priority boarding upsets some.

• 4 months later...
Is Vibe that great of it closes at 7?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes! Most people are headed to dinner/shows by then!

What makes it "worth" it is you can arrive at 10:00 a.m. and get a lounger. You can't do that by the pool.

Bar service is fantastic, never a wait, plus you get wait Service at your lounger/sitting in hot tub.

Is Vibe that great of it closes at 7?

It's basically a sun deck, and there isn't much sun left then. You'll also notice the regular pool deck is fairly empty at that hour. The bar closes at 7, but you can still hang out in the hot tubs with no service if you want, until the workers come to kick you out to clean.