Lamanai Mayan Ruins Excursion

tyeomans

We are going on the Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion when we go on our cruise to Belize in just 18 more days!!! The excursion is sold out on Carnival's website. Anybody have an idea as to how many people they generally allow pin this excursion? Is it gonna be so packed that it takes away from the experience because there's so many people?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We used a private excursion and it was only 7 of us! And we were the only ones visiting Lamanai then. All that aside, if you do go with Carnival, you should be fine. It’s a big site, just might be a long line to climb to the top. Which I highly recommend doing - great view of surroundings and you’ll probably get to hear the Howler monkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is quite a long drive to the ruins. We did over an hour by bus, then 30 minutes up river by boat to the ruins, then reversed on the west back. After having done the excursion and seeing the remoteness, I personally probably would not book independently as it takes most of the day.

We did this excursion in November of last year and it was fantastic! I don’t recall it feeling like it was packed with people. Actually, quite the opposite. They can only put so many people on the boat that takes you to the excursion. So they divide smaller groups up onto separate vans that take you to the river.

Anyway, you will love the excursion. The river boat ride isn’t a tour, it’s just a ride. It goes FAST, so hold onto your hats. In the jungle, you can hear howler monkeys which are so awesome to hear. And you can still climb one of the temples. If you like pina coladas, I had the best one ever at the bar located right at the entrance to the river. The lunch was also very good. You will have time to shop in the small gift store there.

Have fun, and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums