square stateroom pillows

inuitsailor

Square Pillows 65cm x 65cm (sometimes called "Continental Pillows") are readily available.

I've found they are great for sitting up in bed (giving comfort against a hard upright headboard), when reading for example, or if you like the height that two pillows (the square plus the standard oblong) provide when sleeping.

Some prefer a very low height beneath the neck when asleep, and then the sofa provides a great overnight storage facility! ;)

:)

We find those large square cushion a complete waste. They can't really be used to sleep on. Ours always end up,in the sofa.

I have never thought of asking, but would the room steward take them away.

No course not, they would end up under the bed.

Totally useless as pillows.

David.

I use continental size pillows all the time at home. They are great for sleeping on. Use them on their own and no other pillow. I never use regular size pillows. You can buy then at any good store in the UK. John Lewis/ House of Fraser etc. Not sure about Canada. Ikea also sell them.

Does anyone know where to purchase the square stateroom pillows? We have just finished a Med. cruise on the Queen Victoria and my wife has fallen in love with those big square pillows they are approx 26"x26". Thanks for any feed back.

When I was on Board QM2 a few weeks ago, I did happen to notice which company they buy their pillows from. Not a Lover of the Big Square ones, always get the steward to remove them.

The Pillows are supplied by Harbor Linen

http://www.harborlinen.com/

Hope that helps !

When I was on Board QM2 a few weeks ago, I did happen to notice which company they buy their pillows from. Not a Lover of the Big Square ones, always get the steward to remove them.

The Pillows are supplied by Harbor Linen

http://www.harborlinen.com/

Hope that helps !

A couple of years ago I loved the sheets on the QM2 so much that I cut the label off and looked up the company online. Harbor Linen, as Pennbank said. I was disappointed to read that they only sell by the hundreds and not singles sets as the Carnival website does.

My husband loves his soft, squashy feather pillow at home and is threatening to bring it on our cruise! What are the ordinary pillows like on the QM2? Are any of them soft enough to squash under one's neck?

We always bring our pillows from home when cruising. No pillow anywhere compares, and in addition when the cases are fully packed and the pillows placed on top, nothing moves in the case because the void in the top is filled.

Husband should get his way, I say.

David.

We always bring our pillows from home when cruising. No pillow anywhere compares, and in addition when the cases are fully packed and the pillows placed on top, nothing moves in the case because the void in the top is filled.

Husband should get his way, I say.

David.

You have a void in the suitcase! Which ever size of luggage I pack I allways have trouble closing it :eek: :)

Years ago, before an earlier change in cabin bedding, the (colored) accent pillows didn't have washable pillow cases. I never felt like they were clean and immediately shoved them under the bed at the beginning of a voyage.

I love the large square ones and find them quite useful as well as comfortable.

Their addition was an upgrade and shows all changes onboard are not necessarily negative.

It's great there has been a thread just to discuss these great pillows!

You have a void in the suitcase! Which ever size of luggage I pack I allways have trouble closing it :eek: :)

I agree, and I too wondered if there will be room for a pillow, however squashy, on top of everything else in the case!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I believe that Cunard may have changed the supplier of their pillows several months ago from Harbor Linen

https://www.carnivalcomfortcollection.com/store/index.cfm?fa=list&CategoryID=21

to

Calderon

http://calderonhospitality.com/index.php/blankets-pillows-mattress-pads-2/pillows/

To get formality back to the ships, could be the reason they are selling off the stock they already hold.

Edited by Pennbank