Wifi Port of Miami

wendycook22

Does anyone know if there is Wifi available in the port terminal in Miami?

With us being from Canada, data is very expensive for us to use data in the states. We would like to use Uber or Lyft as our transportation from the ship to FLL.

I was concerned with prearranged transportation as we are not certain what time we will be disembarking, and will be through customs, etc. (there are 4 of us)

Ideas, recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by wendycook22

With us being from Canada, data is very expensive for us to use data in the states. We would like to use Uber or Lyft as our transportation from the ship to FLL.

I was concerned with prearranged transportation as we are not certain what time we will be disembarking, and will be through customs, etc. (there are 4 of us)

Ideas, recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

If you're not willing to turn on your cell phones, even for the short time it would take to book Uber or Lyft and connect with the driver, then I'd suggest you look at pre-arranged car service. We have done that both ways from FLL, and while it's not as cheap as some of the shuttle services, it's more like Uber or Lyft in that you're in your own car, on your own schedule.

You can give the driver a pretty good estimate of your departure time from the ship because they won't let you stay on board for very long anyway...they want the ship cleared and cleaned for the next passengers. Your driver will likely be there early anyway.

• 1 year later...

Ideas, recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

From Cruise Critic,,,,

Miami, All eight cruise terminals offer free Wi-Fi.

There was wifi during embarkation but we didn't seem to have any after debarkation and going through customs.

We didn't try to go back in the building but on embarkation day we saw someone try and they were not allowed back in once passed customs.

We paid $7 for Bell Roam Better and used our data. You should check what kind of add on plan your carrier has. I think the Bell one is worth it of us. It's nice to know it's on the phone just incase we need it when travelling in the US or other countries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk