Mazatlán—Resort Day

rbslos18

Final detail left for our cruise!

I want to to surprise my wife with a Resort day in the Mazatlán Golden Zone. She loves the ocean.

Which hotel do you recommend?

Is the Resort close to the cruise pier(we are on the Grand Princess)

How would we get there?

Thanks as usual for helping me out!

RB

https://www.hotelplayamazatlan.com

This is our go-to place when in Mazatlan, but Princess Tour also goes here, yet it is never too crowded. We were going to take a taxi there last time, but in the Princess tour didn’t cost much more. However, you can taxi out there and if you do decide that you want to buy th3 buffet lunch, I noticed that they they charging around $12-15$ pp USD.

If you should go on the Princess bus, they do waste about 20 mins taking you on a little drive by tour of some mansions, which weren’t really mansions, but the beach day included two drinks each as well as the lunch. Basically.

, they drop you off at the hotel for around 4-5 hours and you are free to do as you wish, and when your3 ready to go back, you take a taxi whenever you’re ready to leave. Shopping area right there, too. We love this little place a lot! The beach is beautiful.

The only thing I would caution you is if on the Princess bus, people don’t understand that they can simply file off the bus and head to the beach immediately, but those who don’t know line up in a long line to get towels. That is not necessary. Just bring your own towels and bypass the line of 50-100 people. There are many umbrellas available for free, and plenty of beach chairs. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available both to the right and the left side of the terrace restaurant that overlooks the beach. .

I recommend checking TripAdvisor to see more pics

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a 7 day Mexican Rivera Cruise. We went to the Riu Emerald Bay while in Mazatlan. It’s about a 20 minute cab ride which was $25.00 USD per way and your day pass was 600 pesos which included everything the resort offered, all food and drinks. They had absolutely lovely pools. The day was fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from a 7 day Mexican Rivera Cruise. We went to the Riu Emerald Bay while in Mazatlan. It’s about a 20 minute cab ride which was $25.00 USD per way and your day pass was 600 pesos which included everything the resort offered, all food and drinks. They had absolutely lovely pools. The day was fantastic!

600 pesos? That's a deal!

• 1 month later...

Can you purchase passes online or prior to arriving? Don’t want to show up and be turned away due to overcrowding.

• 1 month later...

For those who have been there...if you had to choose between the Riu Emerald Bay or the El Cid El Morro which one is your favorite for a day pass? What about the distance for both from the port and also the cost for a day pass? Thanks so much in advance for any help!

• 3 weeks later...

Did you make reservations ahead of time? This seems like a great deal for a day pass. I’m just afraid if we take a taxi there and then there won’t be availability.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Playa Mazatlan is a nice hotel with one of the best beaches in the area.  There is a charge for use of the facilities for a day, including the hotel pool but it used to be reasonable.  Cruise ships used to have "tours" to there for the day.