What's going on with the Carnival Victory dry dock?

bryanbusch12

I wounder if the Victory or the Triumphed will get Sunshined?

Yes, according to information from GoCCL there Triumph is currently scheduled for a two month dry dock period in early 2019. That would be in line with major modifications like they did with the Destiny/Sunshine.

Carnival Triumph

Previous Dry-Dock: 2016 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2019

Notes: The Carnival Triumph will be returning to dry-dock in 3/2/19 - 5/1/19, according to GoCCL. This dry-dock seems long and could give time for extensive work and changes, but we do not yet officially know what Carnival is doing with the ship. We may not know until closer to the dry-dock.

Yes, according to information from GoCCL there Triumph is currently scheduled for a two month dry dock period in early 2019. That would be in line with major modifications like they did with the Destiny/Sunshine.

Carnival Triumph

Previous Dry-Dock: 2016 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2019

Notes: The Carnival Triumph will be returning to dry-dock in 3/2/19 - 5/1/19, according to GoCCL. This dry-dock seems long and could give time for extensive work and changes, but we do not yet officially know what Carnival is doing with the ship. We may not know until closer to the dry-dock.

Thank you

Was it unwise for me to book a trip a week after dry docking? Last thing I want is have all these upgrades but everything is "out of order"

I would expect to see a lot out of order... depending on what is upgraded of course...

like if a new waterworks is added I would not expect that to be functional

I read last night, on another site that Carnival is updating the shops. Apparantly a few ships have already been updated including the Conquest. Victory is supposed to be updated this drydock. I can't name the website here, but it is one that covers mostly cruise news. If you a search for Victoria's Secret Carnival cruise, it brings up many articles about new shops.

• 1 month later...
Victory was in great shape last week - cabins are already done - personally, I wouldn't be too worried...

Do you know if the cabin changes on Deck 9 forward have been completed?

In June I booked cabin 9202 for a Feb 23-26th full ship charter sailing based on the old deck plan. It appears that there were dramatic changes to the floorplan on that deck in particular. Neither Carnival nor the charter company have contacted us at all about the cruise which is now only 3 weeks away...

In June I booked cabin 9202 for a Feb 23-26th full ship charter sailing based on the old deck plan. It appears that there were dramatic changes to the floorplan on that deck in particular. Neither Carnival nor the charter company have contacted us at all about the cruise which is now only 3 weeks away...

I'm not sure - I thought they were all done, but I'm not certain

We sailed last week and were in cabin 9223 and the cabins were upgraded and beautiful! They were still working on cabins that were just forward of us though but maybe they'll have them completed by your sailing.

We sailed last week and were in cabin 9223 and the cabins were upgraded and beautiful! They were still working on cabins that were just forward of us though but maybe they'll have them completed by your sailing.

Thanks for the update! We logged into Carnivals site and did a mock booking for the cruise departure immediately following ours and the room is showing up in the system as being available to book. But the cruise immediately preceding does not show the room being available. Not sure whether it means that the room is nearly completed or whether someone already has it booked... it’s now one of the new Captain Suites after the drydock. Was formerly 4J

Thanks for the update! We logged into Carnivals site and did a mock booking for the cruise departure immediately following ours and the room is showing up in the system as being available to book. But the cruise immediately preceding does not show the room being available. Not sure whether it means that the room is nearly completed or whether someone already has it booked... it’s now one of the new Captain Suites after the drydock. Was formerly 4J

Please report back to us as per how your situation is handled. I'm in a similar situation but on a different ship. I'm dying to know how Carnival will handle it. With Carnival knowing they were doing a deck change to deck 9 cabins they may have blocked out the same cabins on deck 10 and will move you there.

Please report back to us as per how your situation is handled. I'm in a similar situation but on a different ship. I'm dying to know how Carnival will handle it. With Carnival knowing they were doing a deck change to deck 9 cabins they may have blocked out the same cabins on deck 10 and will move you there.

Unfortunately, our family is staying in the comparable cabins on deck 10 so unless they bump them that is not going to be an option.

After Pam and I signed up we convinced 14 of our friends and family to sign up too. So effectively we have sold 8 cabins on this cruise for the charter company. I think we should get some consideration from them for this fact alone.

We called Carnival directly yesterday and they couldn’t give us any info as to whether or not the cabin would be ready by the time of sailing on Feb 23.

We called the charter company today and all they could say was that they would be sending electronic documents 14 days before departure. That would be this Friday. When we called again and asked specifically about the floor plan changes they said that they would have to look into it and get back to us.

So that’s where we stand...

Unfortunately, our family is staying in the comparable cabins on deck 10 so unless they bump them that is not going to be an option.

After Pam and I signed up we convinced 14 of our friends and family to sign up too. So effectively we have sold 8 cabins on this cruise for the charter company. I think we should get some consideration from them for this fact alone.

We called Carnival directly yesterday and they couldn’t give us any info as to whether or not the cabin would be ready by the time of sailing on Feb 23.

We called the charter company today and all they could say was that they would be sending electronic documents 14 days before departure. That would be this Friday. When we called again and asked specifically about the floor plan changes they said that they would have to look into it and get back to us.

So that’s where we stand...

Have you heard anything yet?