Victory or Sensation (last minute)

bentopher

Normally I would do extensive research to help me decide... but I need to book ASAP because both these itineraries leave in 4 weeks!!

Victory: Keywest and Cozumel (mon - thurs)

OR

Sensation: Jamaica and Grand Cayman (mon - sat)

Myself (39) my two boys (11 and 10) and my mom (63). First time cruise for the 3 of them, but I haven't cruised since 2005.

Ship: fun stuff for the kids to do. Aside from kids clubs, shows and activites, sports....

Port: Just want to enjoy a beach. We likely won't do any excursions.

Which would you choose? (and yes I'm currently doing some side research, just looking for extra feedback :) ) Thanks gang!! :)

I was on Victory for NYE, we went to key west & Cozumel and we had a great time. Loved the ship pre dry dock (she went in the day we disembarked) I wouldn’t hesitate to sail her again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not been on either ship, but since Victory just went through drydock, I'd choose Victory on that alone. Plus, it's a bigger ship than the Sensation so more for your kiddos to do. And the itinerary appeals more to me. Love Key West and there's lots to do for families in Cozumel!

I agree with the others. Victory was just refurbished and updated last month so it’s probably the better choice.

We’re going on the Victory at the end of the month. Was on her last year about the same time as well.

Looking forward to see all the new venues and refurbishments!

Both ships have been updated and each ship has a little different feel. We love the older smaller ships and the Sensation has been one of our favorites. While Jamaica is nice it's not always on our list of places to go back to. Pick the one that fits your schedule and budget and enjoy yourself.

I've been on the Victory and have booked to sail her again in April. It's a beautiful ship and as others have pointed out has just been through drydock. All the cabins were redone and the 2.0 upgrades were done as well.

I have been to Key West and Cozumel several times and both are great ports

I sailed the Victory last summer it was very nice. Not sure when your sailing but they are suppose to add Guys burger and Blue Iguana. The ships cabins were redone in that pretty blue color so I really enjoyed the decor. I have visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Keywest. My vote would be the Victory.

I have sailed on Victory last March on the same itinerary, and have another one booked on the Victory for the end of the year. I really enjoyed the ship, and the staff. Unfortunately, Matey the CD is not on this ship anymore, but I am sure the CD that is on the ship will be great! I feel that the only downside to this trip, as others have said, is the amount of time spent in Key West. I also feel that you will get a better experience on the Victory then the Sensation. I see that you booked the Victory and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks everyone!!

Sensation actually has much more to do for the kids. But my mom wasn't feeling Jamaica right now.

So.... victory is book for march 12th. Can't wait!!!!! ������

You will all love it. I don't think you could have gone wrong with either option, because the best cruise is the one you take! The kid's clubs have been good on both of our Carnival cruises. If yours are easy going and still willing to be kids, the Seuss parade followed by story time is fun, as is towel animal theatre and the towel folding class. We did them with our daughter and we all enjoyed it. Plus that's the peak of spring break so they will find tons of other kids to hang around with. I was very glad she went on her first Carnival cruise while she was still young enough (barely) for Camp Ocean, as your kids are.

If the kids have phones, I recommend getting the onboard texting app package to stay in touch with them, that is if you are comfortable letting them walk around the ship or meet up with friends without you.

My daughter, who turned 12 just before our recent January sailing on Sensation, enjoyed being a bit free of us onboard - we've always stuck pretty close to her side and we gave her a lot of freedom as long as she kept the app open so we could virtually check in. She came to quickly love heading to the Lido buffet and deli whenever she felt like it for a soft serve ice cream cone or a fresh made tuna sandwich.