Southampton hotels

sammybonny

Has anyone tried the new Premier Inn at Cumberland Place Southampton yet? Not many reviews on tripadvisor so far. Looking at the map it seems to be not too far away.

We usually stay at West Quay and find it good value but the new one is quite a lot cheaper so we thought we would give it a go.

We have 3 cruises going from Southampton this summer and the earlier you can book the better for price.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I've used the holiday inn which was good enough and very close just outside the port gates for city cruise terminal I've also used a b&b in totton called brimar guest house which was clean and tidy and the breakfast was good from memory it was about £40 a person per night it's about 15 minutes to the terminal depending on traffic. holiday inn was about £70-£80 per person which I don't think included breakfast.

I can't imagine it will be bad, you tend to know what you are getting with Premier Inn.

We've stayed a couple of times at the Novotel which is in a good location and is decent. We've started staying in Winchester now, not too far away for a morning drive down.

I can't imagine it will be bad, you tend to know what you are getting with Premier Inn.

We've stayed a couple of times at the Novotel which is in a good location and is decent. We've started staying in Winchester now, not too far away for a morning drive down.

You obviously didnt see the tv programme recently where they under that much pressure to clean the rooms in a set time that they were using the same cloth to clean the whole room including sink, bath and wc. Of course like all major companies they employ an agency to clean rooms and of course when senior management were asked to comment they blamed the cleaning company and not them for setting such a ridiculous time to clean a room.

Beware! Last year we stayed at a brand new Premier Inn. When I went into the en-suite to electric shave, I searched in vain for the shaver socket. Enquiring at Reception, I was told by the Duty Manager, that shaver sockets were not now provided in new builds, as a cost saving and as most used chargeable electric razors. No adaptors were available for purchase, rent or loan, so was unable to use or charge my razor. However, the DM said there was a 24hour Tesco nearby! So, dressed, trudged in the rain, purchased an adaptor, returned, shaved, then had breakfast.

Moral, carry an adaptor at all times!

49 cruises 17ships 3 liners 143 ports

Premier Inn for me I have stayed at several multiple times and have yet to find a bad one. I use Premier Inn West Quay because it is a flat 15 minutes stroll from the station and on a nice day you can walk to the Ocean terminal in less than 30 minutes. the exercise is good for you. The hotel is also over the road from the main shopping centre and there is a convenience store right next door.

Premier Inn for me I have stayed at several multiple times and have yet to find a bad one. I use Premier Inn West Quay because it is a flat 15 minutes stroll from the station and on a nice day you can walk to the Ocean terminal in less than 30 minutes. the exercise is good for you. The hotel is also over the road from the main shopping centre and there is a convenience store right next door.

We have stayed at West Quay before and it was good but I noticed this new one at Cumberland Place and it is cheaper. Probably not many people know about it yet. Just booked for July £49! 😊 West Quay was £75.. all the other hotels were much more.

We have stayed at West Quay before and it was good but I noticed this new one at Cumberland Place and it is cheaper. Probably not many people know about it yet. Just booked for July £49! 😊 West Quay was £75.. all the other hotels were much more.

Just checked for September £33.50!😁 dont think I will beat that price..

Just checked for October and its £52 for a Saver fare and dont like the idea of paying £11 on top to park the car in multi storey car park overnight when open to public. So its not for me I will stick with Best Western Chilworth Manor for £77 with free breakfast and parking.

Always beware of booking in September as you may well clash with the Boat Show. Hotels in and near Southamton are fully booked years or months in advance. It happened to us one year but we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Eastleigh and left our car there during the cruise. They provide a free taxi transfer to and from the ship. Not cheap, but very convenient and you can still get your OBC which will offset the cost.

Just checked for October and its £52 for a Saver fare and dont like the idea of paying £11 on top to park the car in multi storey car park overnight when open to public. So its not for me I will stick with Best Western Chilworth Manor for £77 with free breakfast and parking.

We are coming down by train less stressful and no parking costs to worry about so ideal for us and also it is close to the railway station.

Always beware of booking in September as you may well clash with the Boat Show. Hotels in and near Southamton are fully booked years or months in advance. It happened to us one year but we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Eastleigh and left our car there during the cruise. They provide a free taxi transfer to and from the ship. Not cheap, but very convenient and you can still get your OBC which will offset the cost.

Dont know if it will be when the boat show is on but I have now booked at £33.50 . I noticed the same night at the Premier Inn West Quay is £86 so I dont know why it is a lot cheaper.

You obviously didnt see the tv programme recently where they under that much pressure to clean the rooms in a set time that they were using the same cloth to clean the whole room including sink, bath and wc. Of course like all major companies they employ an agency to clean rooms and of course when senior management were asked to comment they blamed the cleaning company and not them for setting such a ridiculous time to clean a room.

I think that we're all mistaken if we think this only happens at Premier Inn :eek:............

Has anyone tried the new Premier Inn at Cumberland Place Southampton yet? Not many reviews on tripadvisor so far. Looking at the map it seems to be not too far away.

We usually stay at West Quay and find it good value but the new one is quite a lot cheaper so we thought we would give it a go.

We have 3 cruises going from Southampton this summer and the earlier you can book the better for price.

Is the one on Cumberland Place the one where the restaurant is on the 10th floor, offering cracking views of the city and water beyond?

• 2 weeks later...

The last 2 years we’ve looked for Southampton hotels “unfortunately “ in the Boat Show zone before our cruises and have found our “previous “ favourite hotel...West Quays Premier Inn went from £72 to £265 per night! Absolute daylight robbery. Now we always book a boutique pub in Oxford Street called Cargo who do not rip you off and is in the middle of all the action. Fabulous breakfast and meals too. Roll on September [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums