Cabin 6093

Mackdogmolly

We are booked in aft cabin 6093 for Venice to Barcelona 8/26/18 and excited to have an aft cabin, except I keep hearing about soot issues. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one above and had a problem with this?

Yes. Caribbean cruise Quest 5 or 6 years ago. Soot present but no big deal. Vibration was pretty bad all ahead full. Rattled cabin.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Ooh, that's not great to hear...

I have not been in 6093 on Azamara but was in 7121 on Pacific Princess same ship one above. I didn;t find the soot a problem. I did however for the first time ever get seasick because of the vibration. I agree it was full speed only. But I am booked again in 8093. I loved looking at both sides going down the Amazon and now will be doing again going down the Suez Canal. Just got a script from my doctor to take this time.................

Kathy

Good idea, Kathy! I will be sure to go prepared, although am not usually bothered by motion sickness either. And enjoy your cruise!

UR welcome! I went to a neurologist about this not my primary. He suggested I take and wrote me a script for Meclizine

Hope you have a good time

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Sorry, but I don't understand your response when everyone above said "no big deal."

Meclizine is available at the Guest Relations desk at no charge.

I am not trying to start trouble but if you look at the number of posts this lady is new to CC saying these kind of posts IMHO turns people off of posting. It is also why after I sail next month I will be happy to not post on Azamara threads again. I have learned a lot but also do not like the snippiness. People are asking because they don;t know and need help which is what I thought the purpose of cc is. I allowed myself several times to be baited into smart posts but no more.. Although I did not know about Meclizine being available at guest relations. Because of my past experience on this type of ship in the aft cabin I don;t want to wait until I get sick I want to take it before.

Kathy

You’ll be fine. As marinaro said, the vibration only becomes apparent at speed when all three engines are being used. Looking at your itinerary and distances needed to cover between ports I don’t think you’ll be going fast enough for it to be noticeable. I have had a few days on the trot with vibration when going through the pirate area of the Gulf of Aden at a fast speed and I got used to it.

The soot issue depends upon the way the wind blows the smoke from the stack. I’ve had it from very little to a lot. I will say that in 6093 there is more overhang on your balcony than the decks above, particularly deck 8 which has very little and this should help you with more shelter. The aft view is great.

Phil

Thank you, Kathy. I AM new to CC and really have no idea what I am doing. This will be my 1st Azamara cruise and my 1st cruise in over 20 years, so just looking for information. Good tip about the seasick meds at guest relations!

In the Owners Suites which we have had at the aft - and therefore I would assume the interconnecting staterooms between them are the same, I noticed very little soot on Deck 6 - far more on Deck 8 but not an amount that was a problem.

Vibration was only noticeable on tight manoeuvres on docking

What I did however notice was the noise from above on Deck 8, hence my preference to be on Deck 7 or 6 when I am in these rooms. You are directly below the Sunset Verandha so as soon as breakfast service starts you will hear footsteps

Good advice about the rags and slippers, Phil! And Ukog, isn't deck 6 a few decks below the Sunset veranda?

Deck 6 is two decks below the veranda but as I think I said can;t remember blonde moment each deck as you go up you lose 6 inches balcony. Meaning you will have more exposed area for soot than say I will on deck 8 or I did on deck 7. Length not width.

Kathy

We had a 21 day Med cruise in 7116 on Adonia (Azamara Pursuit) a few years back and had no problem with vibration or soot, there were a few high speed runs during the cruise as well.

Before that we cruised from Hawaii to Tahiti in 7114 on Tahitian (Ocean) Princess and again encountered no problems, our friends who often suffer seasickness were in 7116 and were absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked in aft cabin 6093 for Venice to Barcelona 8/26/18 and excited to have an aft cabin, except I keep hearing about soot issues. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one above and had a problem with this?

We are presently sailing in 6093 on the Journey. Haven't noticed any soot problems. Love this cabin and large balcony. We have a decent overhang for shade and protection from a little rain we had after sailing out of Sydney. Will be in this cabin for 32 days. I would choose deck 6 or 7 over deck 8.

We were one deck up last summer, Nice to Athens. We had soot several mornings particularly when at anchor. Easy enough to clean up but just be aware.

We were never bothered by vibration on the 8 night cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums