Azamazing Evening in Florence

lisaten98

May15 Med cruise and our first full day is Rome; next day is Florence with Azamazing that night in Florence. I really am not looking forward to a full day in Rome, followed by a day trek into Florence, return to the ship and go BACK to Florence that evening. Would you do it? Or should we skip the day trip to Florence? Is Azamazing worth it? It seems like a day with 6 hours in a van/bus.

May15 Med cruise and our first full day is Rome; next day is Florence with Azamazing that night in Florence. I really am not looking forward to a full day in Rome, followed by a day trek into Florence, return to the ship and go BACK to Florence that evening. Would you do it? Or should we skip the day trip to Florence? Is Azamazing worth it? It seems like a day with 6 hours in a van/bus.

Depends whether you have been to Florence before. However, I don't do any excursions which involve 6 hours in a bus, no matter how attractive the destination is.

Florence is too far from the ports and a nice day in Lucca would be a great fit. Nice flat medieval city with a lot of charm.

You could rent a car or hire a car in Civitavecchia and drive to Orvieto which has a large parking lot and than a tram ride up into the town. We caught the tram and than caught the bus to the other side of the town and walked back towards the tram.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you have details about the AzAmazing Evening in Florence? Could you go in to town in the morning, tour on your own with a nice lunch, and then join the Evening? They would take you back to the ship, where food awaits for a late dinner/nitecap.

I would not skip Florence. I would try to see where the Azamazing evening will take place and I would stay in Florence the whole day visiting and join the Azamazing event in the evening to go back to the ship with the other cruisers. You can ask the Hotel Director about that possibility.

Ivi

Your Azamazing evening will not take place in Florence.

The Goldini Theatre is in Livorno town centre, not far from the dock, just a few minutes bus ride.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I've done that Azamazing Evening in Livorno. The venue is very nice and I enjoyed the performance, but not one of my favourites. If I was to give you advice I'd say to spend the day in Florence doing your thing and get back for the Azamazing if you can. Priority would be seeing Florence though. For me it's the most beautiful of the Italian cities and it will be a long day for you.

Phil

Thanks for all the replies and for clarifying the theater is in Livorno. A Google search of Goldoni popped up Florence. It seems there are 2 with the same name. I think we can do it all and visit Lucca the next day. We're in Livorno port 2 days.

Thanks for all the replies and for clarifying the theater is in Livorno. A Google search of Goldoni popped up Florence. It seems there are 2 with the same name. I think we can do it all and visit Lucca the next day. We're in Livorno port 2 days.

Also one in Venice. Seems to be a very common name for Italian Theatres, named after a famous playwright.

Having been to Florence, Pisa and Lucca before on our last visit to Livorno we spent a pleasant day in the town.

Interesting morning market, buildings, waterways and seafront Marina.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Sounds like you're going to have a lovely two days. Florence is beautiful though busy. We love Lucca and are looking forward to going back there in June.

The Three Tenors evening is very enjoyable and well worth doing if you are not too exhausted.