Caribbean Cruise- when to book?

Eveglos

From what everyone says here, we are going to be hooked on cruising after our first cruise to Norway in May.Bearing that in mind, we're thinking of booking a 7 night Caribbean cruise for next January. Am I being optimistic in terms of getting a good choice of cabin or would we be better booking for Jan 2020?

I've looked online,and whilst there seems to be a reasonable choice on the 14 night cruises,it's very limited on 7 night ones.

Do most people book a long time in advance and register as soon as cruise schedules become available?

Thanks for any advice

Eve

Personally, I don’t think it’s worthwhile doing a 7 day Caribbean cruise due to the long flights at either end. You do need 14 days. Consider somewhere closer like the Canaries where it is still warm in January

Brian

:DHi...as Brianl says its a long flight for 7 nights so unless you are " time poor" I would go for 14 nights. As regards booking we have always found it best to book as soon as the prices are launched....which is now for registering and soon to become bookable for January 2020. There are occasions were you can get a last minute deal....like this Winter due to the terrible storms that hit the Caribbean. Another point to consider if you leave it until last minute is that the flight from your nearest airport may be fully booked.

If I was you I would wait until I was on the cruise in May and book while you are on-board...you will receive extra perks and I would think that you will still have a good choice of cabins. unless you need an adaptable cabin or a top grade suite....they seem to sell very quickly. I would think that in May the prices would still be the same as at launch although I think someone else may be able to shed more light on that. And also you will have some idea if cruising is for you. Our first cruise was to the Caribbean and " unfortunately" have become addicted ever since....you have been warned!!! :D:D:D

Thanks Brian. As I say,just testing the waters at the moment and our experience in Norway will determine whether we book up for another cruise.

We're not really bothered about flying so far for 7 nights as we've done so in the past.

It was more a question of finding out if our choice for next winter will be limited due to people booking well in advance.

Eve

From what everyone says here, we are going to be hooked on cruising after our first cruise to Norway in May.Bearing that in mind, we're thinking of booking a 7 night Caribbean cruise for next January. Am I being optimistic in terms of getting a good choice of cabin or would we be better booking for Jan 2020?

I've looked online,and whilst there seems to be a reasonable choice on the 14 night cruises,it's very limited on 7 night ones.

Do most people book a long time in advance and register as soon as cruise schedules become available?

Thanks for any advice

Eve

I’m currently on Azura’s transatlantic we booked may 2016 but there seems to be a lot of people that have booked in the last couple of weeks as prices have fallen because it wasn’t full I had noticed before I came away that the cruises before it we’re going up which we’re all the fly there and back so if you want a specific cabin or deck I’d book early and if you book as brochure comes out you get a discount for booking earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums