Hand luggage

Loveacruise1986

Hello

I see on YouTube videos that when boarding at ocean cruise terminal people take a little suitcase on as hand luggage? I’m interested to know what people pack for their hand luggage on embarkation?

There will be 2 adults and a 3yr old boarding

Thank you

Also note that this small case is essential for disembarking as your main suitcases (at Southampton unlimited numbers permitted) are all taken from you on the last night. You need to carry off anything you have retained overnight in something!

Regards John

Plus swimwear and towels if we want to go straight into the pool.

You may also want to take some games, books or gadgets to keep the little one amused. There maybe some waiting around to board or for luggage to arrive.

Also note that this small case is essential for disembarking as your main suitcases (at Southampton unlimited numbers permitted) are all taken from you on the last night. You need to carry off anything you have retained overnight in something!

Regards John

This is a very good point new cruisers need to know as we didn’t know. On our first cruise we had a rucksack as our carry on and it was a bit stressful trying to stuff everything in there on the last night!!

Nowadays we tend to to self- disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello

I see on YouTube videos that when boarding at ocean cruise terminal people take a little suitcase on as hand luggage? I’m interested to know what people pack for their hand luggage on embarkation?

There will be 2 adults and a 3yr old boarding

Thank you

ALL of my luggage is 'hand' luggage. I only pack carry on. I understand 2 adults and a 3 yr. old can't do that ... but if there is medications, make sure those are in your hand luggage. ALL of your documents and travel papers (passports, etc.). Diapers & baby stuff. Think about what you need IF your big luggage doesn't arrive.