Last Minute Haven Booking

CTnewcruiser

We booked a cruise (Haven room for the first time) on the Getaway pretty last minute, and I keep seeing mentions of a pre-cruise letter and luggage tags. I don’t think we’ll receive them before we leave. What am I missing out on? Appreciate any help!

We were upgraded to Haven the first time - 36 hours before our cruise. Other than luggage tags, which you can print yourself, I didn't notice any difference precruise, on the Jewel class ships, when I booked Haven vs our first time getting upgraded.

We are on the first cruise of the Bliss and I have been getting more precruise help from my regular PCC than the NCL concierge - might be because it's a brand new ship.

We booked a cruise (Haven room for the first time) on the Getaway pretty last minute, and I keep seeing mentions of a pre-cruise letter and luggage tags. I don’t think we’ll receive them before we leave. What am I missing out on? Appreciate any help!

Neither are likely at this timeline.

Yes. Pre-concierge letters are sent out 50 days prior to cruise. You are not missing anything. There are limited things that they can do (and not much more than you can do yourself). Our recommendation is to build a rapport and make requests of your bilitlwr and concierge onboard.

We booked out March 4 cruise about 5 weeks prior to sailing. I requested some things based on the concierge letter we received - it was a waste of time. There was a pillow menu (requests weren't filled). I asked for tea in the room (no tea, good thing I travel with tea bags).

I'll echo the advice - book your dining and entertainment online, then adjust it once you are on the ship.

How fun! What sailing are you on?

We just booked the March 25 Getaway Haven on March 11 and have had zero contact from concierge. We were too late to book most excursions, shows and dining. We are hoping the concierge can help us once we board. Ship is sold out so this will be interesting

We just booked the March 25 Getaway Haven on March 11 and have had zero contact from concierge. We were too late to book most excursions, shows and dining. We are hoping the concierge can help us once we board. Ship is sold out so this will be interesting

No worries! I'm sure the concierge will help you once you are there. We stayed in the Haven on the Breakaway and <hint hint> the Haven dining room was much better than any of the upcharge restaurants and my kids loved the bread that was served in the Italian place and my husband just happened to mention that to the butler so every afternoon there was a loaf with butter waiting for them at snack time. So just enjoy being pampered!!

Thank you all so much for the advice! We booked about two weeks ago for the 3/25 Getaway and yesterday we received our luggage tags! Based on your advice I will definitely look for help from the concierge once we’re onboard!