Are there tours available at the port of St Lucia Castries?

I'll be sailing in December and my advice is that Trip Advisor is the best place to look for excursions. I usually arrange private excursions for our trips. If you have signed up for your Roll Call here on Cruise Critic you might already find people are looking at private excursions. I have participated in MANY of these over the years and have always had great times. If you look at TA, you will see many posts from people who are coming from cruise ships for the day, and are looking at excursions. Pay close attention to TA reviews. I PREFER to do some homework ahead of time knowing what I'm getting into rather than just walking off the ship. But, when I have been lazy, we have walked off the ship and still had very good excursions as well. But, we don't go alone and try to find someone from our CC Roll Call to go as well.

Hi. There are loads of tours on offer as you get off the ship. You need to just decide where you want to go and then stick to your plans when you get there and shop around the operators till you find the one you want. I have always found joining the ships Roll Call is helpful as there are usually other cruisers looking to share a tour and I've had some great trips joining these. Enjoy.:)

I second Cosol! It was one of my best cruise memories!

We were picked up at the end of the cruise pier and taken to several places (Waterfall, beach for snorkeling, banana plantation, lunch, bakery stop, drive thru volcano).

We hope to do Cosol's tour again one day!

Took a tour with “joe knows”. We were 12 people - 8 kids. Picked us up from port and went to volcano, rain forest, lunch and snorkeling. JR took us and it was best excursion we ever went on. In the middle of ocean we had a school dolphins jumping around us.

I am sure whatever you pick will be great but your better off getting to the other parts of island by boat. Bus ride is long and bumpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had booked with Dillan Anthony of Classic Tours. We visited the second town of Vieux Fort and had great fun at the mud baths in Soufiere I think it was. His tours are very reasonably priced and he is a wonderful young man and a great tour guide. A friend gave me his contact dillanclassic24@gmail. I prefer to book in advance instead of trying to find something at the port among so many hustlers.