Changeing US dollars to Euros

We are going on a cruise on October 29th out of Barcelona on the Eclipse, my question is can someone give me an idea on where is the best place to exchange US dollars to Euros, I was told our bank but they charge a fee for shipping. I also read on Cruise critic not to exchange at the airports and I don't use ATM's. I live in Coral Springs Florida if anyone from there has experience on the best way of doing it I would appreciate it

If you don't use ATM's then you are going to have to get them at your bank at home, or simply use a credit card for all your purchases overseas, but many places don't take credit cards so you are going to have to be very careful.

You cheapest place is an ATM at a bank in Europe.

I would recommend checking online. I have previously purchased euros through Wells Fargo (although now they require an account) so my current choice of Bank of America. Check the rates for a week or two and buy whenever they dip in price. There are several online currency exchange businesses that generally have lower rates than local banks.

Good luck, and enjoy Barcelona. My absolutely favorite port.

Use your credit card whenever possible. Your card will give you the best rate of exchange possible. If you do use your card, be sure to tell the merchant to run the transactions in euros - otherwise they may convert your bill to dollars using their own terrible exchange rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Check with your credit card company and find out what it would cost to get a cash advance on your card, at an ATM in Europe. The transaction is secured as a CC, and you should get a decent exchange rate from your CC company. We have also successfully exchanged cash dollars for Euros on board the ship, so call and ask if they can, and what is the limit you can exchange. If you're flying into Barcelona, there should be an exchange office at the airport either here in the US or in Barcelona when you arrive. They usually accept cash or CC.