Mostly Americans on PG?

EaglesWing

As you can see from the signature below, our cruising experience has been almost exclusively on Holland America. Our experience is that while the majority of passengers are American on Holland America, there are a significant number of others: Canadians, Europeans, Australians, etc. which makes the cruises a lot of fun.

Do the passengers on PG tend to be mostly American, or other nationalities? What about age groups?

Thanks!

As you can see from the signature below, our cruising experience has been almost exclusively on Holland America. Our experience is that while the majority of passengers are American on Holland America, there are a significant number of others: Canadians, Europeans, Australians, etc. which makes the cruises a lot of fun.

Do the passengers on PG tend to be mostly American, or other nationalities? What about age groups?

Thanks!

IMO .... majority are American followed by Canadian then European then New Zealand/Australia then Asian/Indian. If your looking for a well rounded group you won't be disappointed. Vast majority of all passengers are well traveled, well educated. You never know who you might meet or have dinner with, interesting people and some that are well known in their countries ... who knows, you might rub shoulders with a foreign celebrity and not even know it unless they decide to tell you. Great conversation around the dinner tables ....

Age? Primarily 40 - 60, then some newlyweds and seniors and some kids. Kids are more in numbers during holidays and July/August.

I would say there are "many" Americans onboard. Just off last week, and we had 91 Canadians, a bunch of French, New Zealanders and Australians, a small group of Germans, and of course a smattering of other nationalities. I would say that Americans are generally the largest group.

Age distribution can vary by cruises--the one we were on had a preponderance of 40's and 50's, but this is a bit unusual, the norm is often somewhat older, I would say.

When we took our first cruise last February aboard the Paul Gaughin, there were 67 passengers from Canada, 69 from France, 169 from the US, and only 2 or 4 from any other country. Your "Welcome Aboard" Ia Orana (I saved them all from the entire cruise) lists passenger breakdown for your cruise. It doesn't list the ages, but we definitely had more in the 60's to 70's age group. There was a French couple with a well behaved child, and several women well into their 80's that we didn't see until the last morning when we had to vacate their cabin and moved to the pool bar. They were on deck 8 as we were, but we never saw them during our 14 day cruise. We had a great time and had good weather, and made reservations on board for the early December cruise to the Cook Islands. After having read that the Cook Islands are often not accessible, I hope we have better luck getting there in December. I think most of the Cook Island visitors on Trip Advisor take cheap vacations there through Costco. While this originally made me skeptical about going there on the Paul Gaughin, it does make it cheaper and easier to get there by air from the US if the weather prevents the cruise from getting there.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I were on the November 11th sailing. I believe there were 160 Americans, 28 Canadians, 2 Argentinians, 6 Australians, 4 New Zealand, 2 Switzerland, 4 Japanese, etc.. There were definitely a lot of Americans, and the majority of people seemed to be over 50 for sure. But there were a few people our age, and a large group in there 40's.

On board since Dec 2 on the Cook Islands cruise. We have 288 on board. There are no kids and not a lot of younger people. There are many more old people (late 70's and 80's) than last trip. Quite a few people with canes who need extra help moving around on the ship and getting on and off the tenders. There are 117 from the US, 75 from Canada (I would say more then half French speaking), 42 from France, 20 from Japan, 8 from Australia, and a few from other countries.