What did you do to celebrate you retirement?

theminnow

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone just checking back in. 5 years ago today was my last day we got rid of our home, autos, everything, no storage. Traveling the world.

Today is our five year anniversary of traveling the world. We are so excited about this milestone. We never knew we'd last so long and look forward to many years to come. Here's today's anniversary photo we took using the tripod and timer. Thanks for all the love from our reader/friends throughout the world:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Haven't yet, but retiring in 8 months. Then going to spend Thanksgiving '18 with daughter and son-in-law in San Diego and then we have booked a 15 day Princess cruise La-Fll. Always nice to look forward to something.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

:halo:

I know that you shouldn't assume, but I will throw caution to the wind. I assume that many of the members that post in this forum are retired, and I was wondering what you did to celebrate your retirement. Does not have be a cruise, just curious (throwing caution to the wind again) what other people did.

I took a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas with DW and another couple. All four of us got the drink package, and it was nice to not have to have a designated driver. We (DW and myself) booked a JS on the hump. I think we got spoiled and will be looking to book JS or higher on our future cruises. It was a Western Caribbean itinerary, and we had a great time. Labadee and Falmouth were alright, but the Caymans and Cozumel fantastic.

So what did you all do?

Craig

Hi Craig,

DH and I retired in Spring 2011. Immediately flew from TX to Ca to drive our son’s van to VA for him. (He and his wife were on deputation raising support for missionary work and had flown to VA for a couple of meetings.)

On the way we picked up our car in TX - as to be able to come back easily while sight seeing.

From there we meandered back to TX where we nailed down the details of our real retirement trip: a 10 day “Walking Tour of Italy”, booked through GoAhead Tours, beginning in Florence and ending in Rome (FABULOUS!) ... booked a van to transport us from Rome to Citivecchia (Rome’s nearest Port), for our ‘first ever’ cruise. And what a joy it was.

Cruising the Mediterranean for 12 nights aboard the 2-mo old Celebrity Silhouette! We fell in love with cruising right then and there. After 7 cruises, we will be board the Silhouette again in April 2018, headed from FL to South Hampton, England. Love TransAtlantics.

In between ... we’ve sold our home, moved into a little trailer in the country (where no one bothers anything), bought an RV and are free to roam when the mood hits.

It’s great. Our only other commitments are to our church involvements - both at home and in CA (where our 2nd son is also a pastor). We love both churches.

Wishing you (and everyone reading this post) a very Merry Christmas and pray if you are not saved that you’d allow the Holy Spirit of God to lead you to the real Jesus Christ - the son of God. The real reason for the season!

BECAUSE, no matter how good or bad this life goes, each of us has an eternity waiting. It’s beyond important to make these decisions carefully.

:)

Well, although I would have loved to cruise right after I retired, the hubby and I flew to Florida from our snowy cold home in Buffalo, NY to look for a home that would be within driving distance to cruise ports. That was 2 years ago in January. We still haven’t relocated as we toss around whether we want to maintain two homes, so the following year, this past January we cruised and celebrated my one year anniversary of retirement. Heading back out in 17 days for another cruise. But we still are slaves to the airlines, having to fly south, and praying the weather will cooperate to let us get there.

I just finished my first year of retirement. I celebrated by doing 13 cruises -- some spur of the moment when prices dropped. We'll see what this year brings:)

And THAT is why we wanted to relocate to Florida, to be within driving distance to ports. Flying out of Buffalo, NY certainly puts a damper on frequent cruising. I find great prices on last minute cruises all the time, but just not financially feasible to be flying off to them.

I am relaxing in my 4000 square foot house in Florida just over the bay of Tampa. I love my life. I had a career where I dealth with dead bodies all day and the ones who never talked much. SO when that ended after 30 yrs in this business I opened up a jewelry firm that did not pan out too good done that its no where to be found now, then I decided to the art show circuit with some friends and sell what I made with my hands in silk painting to designing quilts etc.. Then I written a childrens story book, but then that was boring bringing the lap top on the cruise ships.. so now that I am fully retired, I wanted to sell off the house and move by the ocean well its called the gulf, 2 miles to gulf now I can ride my bike, hike and walk slowy over the bridge to get to PJ's for a Beer and Fish Sandwich. That's always good for that.. Now that I am fully retired myself not my husband by any means. I can travel. I get the "ee bee gee bees" that's time for mom to go off on another adventure. When I have those the kids know what that is the old broad is leaving us again on an old ladies trip. I have decided to write about the people I meet. That way I can share the stories with those I love. No one.

SO I feel that my retirement is to learn as much about the world, share what I have with those who have nothing in poor countries and leave no one nothing spend all the money while I can. Cause no one will have to fight on where they are going to bury me. :o so in that fact have fun.. do what you like to do... and have fun. that's all you can do at 56 yrs old or about that age.

I know that you shouldn't assume, but I will throw caution to the wind. I assume that many of the members that post in this forum are retired, and I was wondering what you did to celebrate your retirement. Does not have be a cruise, just curious (throwing caution to the wind again) what other people did.

I took a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas with DW and another couple. All four of us got the drink package, and it was nice to not have to have a designated driver. We (DW and myself) booked a JS on the hump. I think we got spoiled and will be looking to book JS or higher on our future cruises. It was a Western Caribbean itinerary, and we had a great time. Labadee and Falmouth were alright, but the Caymans and Cozumel fantastic.

So what did you all do?

Craig

Hello everyone just checking back in. 5 years ago today was my last day we got rid of our home, autos, everything, no storage. Traveling the world.

Today is our five year anniversary of traveling the world. We are so excited about this milestone. We never knew we'd last so long and look forward to many years to come. Here's today's anniversary photo we took using the tripod and timer. Thanks for all the love from our reader/friends throughout the world:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Lol you guys were our inspiration. We’ve been on the road for a year now. We have our second year planned and I know we won’t be stopping there! Still reading your blog when I have internet. It’s funny you guys are in BA right now. We get there 10 days after you leave. Anyway enjoy Africa again. Happy New Year to yourself and Jessica.

Elaine and Glenn

Lol you guys were our inspiration. We’ve been on the road for a year now. We have our second year planned and I know we won’t be stopping there! Still reading your blog when I have internet. It’s funny you guys are in BA right now. We get there 10 days after you leave. Anyway enjoy Africa again. Happy New Year to yourself and Jessica.

Elaine and Glenn

Hello, Elaine and Glen,

Happy New Year to you as well.

Glad you two are enjoying your travels and looking forward to keep doing more.

Jan. 3rd is the 5th anniversary of our first cruse ever. Today we posted our Itinerary for the next 852 days.

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/01/finallyitinerary-for-next-849-daysa.html

We are humbled and blessed to have good health and able to continue traveling.

Thanks for reading and following along with us.

Tom & Jessica

Retired Jan 2015, we have cruised and/or toured 100 plus days ever year since, cause you never know when you won’t be able. We are off on our third Regent cruise in March.

• 5 months later...

I posted elsewhere that I have a retirement date already, but I'm going to return here to read some of these pages from time to time to get me through the next few years (I've only ready a few posts).

Slept real late the first day of retirement and every day since :D.

SBtS

That's my goal.

I retired two days ago— goodbye tension hello pension by booking a Regent cruise to the Med. Yes I deserve it[emoji3]

LOVE that "goodbye tension, hello pension" Seriously!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I retired six years ago today.

We got rid of everything home, autos, etc… no storage. I retired on Halloween 2012 left MN that day left the USA Jan. 3, 2013. Been traveling the world renting vacation/holiday homes.

Upcoming Itinerary - June 21, 2018 to March 1, 2021

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/06/our-new-itinerarywith-few-gapsin-time.html