RCI 2018 and on Drinks package (if interested) Quote from official RCI statement.

Take note near the bottom of their official statement that those who do not consume Alcohol due to "personal preference" do not have to buy the drinks package along with other adults in the same stateroom. its just cleaver wording from RCI that has so many US panties in a bunch lol.

• Currently, RCI requires all passengers booked in the same stateroom to buy the Deluxe (unlimited alcohol) package. This change was announced in Ocober 2017 and implemented for all cruise bookings for 2018 and beyond. The company's official statement says, quate, "each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package". The only exclusions to this rule are pregnant women, recovering alcoholics and adults who don't consume alcohol due to personal preference, medical or religious reasons. IMPORTANT: This rule is for the "Deluxe Beverage Package" only and doesn't apply to other packages.

Take note near the bottom of their official statement that those who do not consume Alcohol due to "personal preference" do not have to buy the drinks package along with other adults in the same stateroom. its just cleaver wording from RCI that has so many US panties in a bunch lol.

• Currently, RCI requires all passengers booked in the same stateroom to buy the Deluxe (unlimited alcohol) package. This change was announced in Ocober 2017 and implemented for all cruise bookings for 2018 and beyond. The company's official statement says, quate, "each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package". The only exclusions to this rule are pregnant women, recovering alcoholics and adults who don't consume alcohol due to personal preference, medical or religious reasons. IMPORTANT: This rule is for the "Deluxe Beverage Package" only and doesn't apply to other packages.

So it’s compulsory unless you are a non drinker.:confused::evilsmile::o

So it’s compulsory unless you are a non drinker.:confused::evilsmile::o

Yep lol, non drinker today drinker tomorrow?

The only way to police those who can be officially excused is to give them a seapass card that does not allow the purchase of alcohol but allows them access to everything else Adult, only it has to including you purchasing a bottle of wine for your table guests or shouting your friend an alcoholic drink while you are at the bar getting a mocktail lol

Yep lol, non drinker today drinker tomorrow?

The only way to police those who can be officially excused is to give them a seapass card that does not allow the purchase of alcohol but allows them access to everything else Adult, only it has to including you purchasing a bottle of wine for your table guests or shouting your friend an alcoholic drink while you are at the bar getting a mocktail lol

Or just if they notice you’ve bought some booze.

Only applicable to the Deluxe Beverage Package it would seem....what's the difference?

Only applicable to the Deluxe Beverage Package it would seem....what's the difference?

Soda drinkers dont have to buy a soda package because another in the cabin has lol

Also this means they cannot force the non drinking excluded package buyer from being forced to substitute with a non alcoholic beverage package.

Some on RCI board do not believe this statement is true but in an entire thread about this subject no one else has produced evidence in the form of an official statement.to the contrary other than hearsay and that RCI have changed this original statement.

We will see! wife is calling RCI Monday to buy just one alcohol package and one non alcohol package and will be quoting RCI,s statement.

I find the grammar and spelling in that statement is a bit off, I cannot be sure it is an official statement from RCI. That said, I don't care about buying any of the drinks packages on Royal.

Ever Read RCI T&C,s? if so you would know grammar and punctuation is not the writers strong point! lol I left school at 16 so I have an excuse:p

I am either going to buy the package for both or I am not going to buy it at all but I just cant stand so called CC Pinnacle Diamond plus rhetoric when trying to find a correct answer to a cruise related question, I am starting to believe some of these members are cruise company online marketing shills!

I dont blame you not caring about RCI drink packages, the price is really catering for short cruise once a year binge cruisers who get no other breaks until easter or Christmas so they have to make the most of their short annual leave time.

The only reason I am contemplating the package is because drinks are now so expensive on board RCI that its now possible to break even.

On a 10 night cruise we will usually spend around $800au plus 2 bottles of smuggled vodka:halo: With my OBC the delux package will only cost me about $300 over normal spend.

Ever Read RCI T&C,s? if so you would know grammar and punctuation is not the writers strong point! lol I left school at 16 so I have an excuse:p

I am either going to buy the package for both or I am not going to buy it at all but I just cant stand so called CC Pinnacle Diamond plus rhetoric when trying to find a correct answer to a cruise related question, I am starting to believe some of these members are cruise company online marketing shills!

I dont blame you not caring about RCI drink packages, the price is really catering for short cruise once a year binge cruisers who get no other breaks until easter or Christmas so they have to make the most of their short annual leave time.

The only reason I am contemplating the package is because drinks are now so expensive on board RCI that its now possible to break even.

On a 10 night cruise we will usually spend around $800au plus 2 bottles of smuggled vodka:halo: With my OBC the delux package will only cost me about $300 over normal spend.

The reason I don't want a package is that I would find I am just drinking far more than I want to just to make sure that I get my money's worth. Subsequently, I find pay as I go a much better prospect, some days I drink quite a few drinks and on other days none at all.