Seabourn Sojourn Cruise video Christmas and New Year 2017/18

Able Seaman H

Our latest video from Seabourn Sojourn. A Caribbean cruise which included Christmas and the New Year.

The ship had just undergone a re-fit where restaurant 2 was replaced with The Grill by Thomas Keller.

vWEwoHP5Pkc

I ended up giving a short impromptu talk on ways to improve your holiday videos one afternoon !

Henry :)

Just marvelous, Henry. DW and I have mulled over a Christmas cruise, and your video has convinced us. You really should be getting a cut of the bookings that your videos bring to Seabourn.

Ha ha!

Thanks for the kind words. I'd rather help out and teach people how to make similar videos or take better photos.

It would be fun to work with the crew as well, many of whom have a keen interest in photography.

Excellent video (as always) Henry.

I particulary enjoyed your second music choice ! :D

Katy Shotter is a massive talent and all round good egg destined for great things if there is any justice in the word.

Heart of Spades came onto Sojourn (I think) a couple of years ago and set the Grand Salon alight with their performance. The future of guest acts!

Making a cameo appearance in the video you might have noticed Emily Gelineau daughter of the hotel director. To say she is a gifted violin player would be under selling her. She had us all spellbound despite just jumping in with the band unrehearsed.

All 3 were Seabourn moments in their own right and I would love to see them rise to the top of their respected games.

Thank you Henry. I enjoy your videos very much. Lovely to hear the wonderful Katy singing again, and getting a taste of the Game of Thrones theme played by the energetic Heart of Spades. We are on the Encore again in two weeks. Hope to catch up with you again on Seabourn again one day.

I just tried to watch your video while on Sojourn and ironically the website you posted it on is blocked by Seabourn 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When replacing the servers last week they added some exceptions to websites that can be accessed. Youtube is one of them for obvious reasons (bandwidth). Internet on board is appalling and expensive. Things improved marginally when the site blocks were introduced. It went from a 0.5/10 to a 1.5/10

Brilliant Henry

We cruised the Caribbean on the Spirit, enjoyed that but not as much as we have enjoyed the other Seabourn ships. Our favourite is the Encore, but we are considering a cruise on the Sojourn next Christmas and New Year. Having read your reviews and watching the video we feel much more inclined to join the Sojourn again!

Thanks for such a lovely video I always enjoy reading your comments

Coral

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the kind words.

We had a really great time on Sojourn. I was worried that coming off Encore Sojourn would feel a poor relation but it didn't.

Staff recognition towards us was great across the board. We probably stand out having Emily with us and we are happy to engage with staff at a realistic level. We know what is and isn't possible.

Ross and his entertainment team were great fun and added greatly to our enjoyment.

Excellent video (again!) Henry. We join the Sojourn in a few weeks and this has whet the appetite even more.

Hope you have lined up Seabourn with the appropriate paperwork this time around for use in their promotional material ;).

Happy sailing.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I have no idea who and how to contact Seabourn re: videos. Ultimately my end game would probably to help others onboard get the most from their photography and particularly video - we live in a motion picture age.

I've enjoyed giving little impromptu talks a couple of times and it could easily be developed into something larger.

I also enjoyed being on Encore for its first 2 cruises and making those videos which have had getting on for 15,000 direct views on youtube now. A lot of people tell me they find them useful as I filming the real world rather than a marketing ideal. That said I am a big fan of the brand and tend to view it, indeed the world, with fairly sympathetic eyes. One of the challenges you face when making videos is you can choose to paint as beautiful or as ugly a picture as you choose.

I've got a short video made in the TK Grill as it was soft opening on Sojourn which I will post. Hopefully it lets those curious know what has replaced Restaurant 2.

• 3 weeks later...