Formal nights

I find a watch most useful on cruises. No phone to tell me when the afternoon trivia starts. Very few clocks on each deck.

A watch is the only way I can turn up at the right time for anything.

Agreed, I don't have a mobile phone anyway (by choice, but I am not a technophobe) after having one for the last 25 years I am glad to not have one. So wrist watches are my timepiece of choice. I have numerous but prefer the Seiko for work and the Rolex for travel.:D

What price are your fake Rolex's?clear.png?emoji-halo-1683

Mine was $20 for a genuine fake (2005) but there were cheaper ones (fake fakes) and dearer ones (fake genuine)

Fake Rolex, and for that matter fake any of your better watches, start as low as $10.00, and are usually quartz movements which is a dead giveaway. The fake mechanical movements start at around $50.00, bear in mind that you can buy quite good Seiko or Miyota(Citizen) automatic movements for around $5.00, and these are the movements that Seoko and Citizen use in some of their watches that retail for up to around $900.00.

Now as I said fake automatic mechanical watches start at around $50.00 for a pretty sloppy fake watch, but there is a climbing scale of price versus quality up to around would you believe $1500.00. Those at the top price point are quite often of such a quality that they are only discernible as a fake by getting a jeweller to remove the back and inspect the movement.

Believe it or not people will pay these top prices, quite often people who also own the genuine article will buy them for wear in travel or in situations where there is a theft risk. When you consider that a Platinum Rolex Day Date costs around AUD$80,000.00, and a stainless steel Patek Philippe Nautilus has a retail price of US35,000 but due to its scarcity sells for around US$42,000.00 you can see why there is a market for fakes.

My favourite watch is an Omega I bought 36 years ago. :D

A quality brand that unfortunately did some silly things during the quartz panic, straightened themselves out and are one of the top brands again.

I hope you have your watch serviced on a regular basis, they do need oiling you know.:D

I have a friend who is always asking me the time, my first reply is always, 'Time to buy a watch'.:p

Haha.

Yeah, I don't get people who don't have a watch, but want to know the time on a regular basis. It's pretty simple to find a watch, whether cheap or a decent price.