NEED SOME HELP, Stepping outside of the box.......

Lois R

Lois - double and triple ugh!!!

I have a very flexible workplace & boss so I forget some people need to make their vacation plans a year in advance. Good luck finding something you really want to do - and being healthy enough to go!!

Lois, Vegas would be a nice holiday for a bday. If you have status with Celebrity or Royal look into MLife. They offer you the same status that you get on the ships. We ended up with a beautiful suite in the Bellagio (overlooking the fountains) for under $100 a night. Some great show at reasonable prices as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do people recommend to waterproof walking shoes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hi! To waterproof my family's outdoor gear (shoes, bags, luggage, camping gear) I use a product called Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellant. You can get it in the shoe dept at Walmart. Follow the instructions (2-3 light coats works bestter than heavily spraying.). This product works fabulously!!!

We put together our own Ireland tour several years ago. Started out in London, flew to Limerick and rented a car and drove south and around to Dublin. About 15 days total; it was grand! We each carried one 22" roller bag and a carry on bag. We went in June and it was still a bit chilly. Layering is good! I bought myself a new, cute raincoat and a cardigan made out of heavy t-shirt material. I have a lot of photo's in those two tops! I brought 2 crop pants, 1 skort, 2 t-shirt dresses and 2 tops per bottom. Also a nice workout type sweatsuit to wear on the plane and to hang out in. All were black, khaki, grey and green and all mixed and matched with one another. A couple of scarves added another layer too. I'm sure it will be too chilly for crops and a skort in March but you can change that to 2 pants/leggings and 1 skirt plus 2 dresses. I don't travel with jeans since I think they take up too much room in my suitcase and I'm all about making it with the 22" roller bag. We did 17 days in Italy with the same luggage! When you have to carry your own it makes it worth it to pack light! We have done Alaska and I still have my 3 in 1 coat and I can see how that would be a good option as well as long as the outer coat is waterproof in case of rain.

Ireland was a wonderful adventure and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We put together our own Ireland tour several years ago. Started out in London, flew to Limerick and rented a car and drove south and around to Dublin. About 15 days total; it was grand! We each carried one 22" roller bag and a carry on bag. We went in June and it was still a bit chilly. Layering is good! I bought myself a new, cute raincoat and a cardigan made out of heavy t-shirt material. I have a lot of photo's in those two tops! I brought 2 crop pants, 1 skort, 2 t-shirt dresses and 2 tops per bottom. Also a nice workout type sweatsuit to wear on the plane and to hang out in. All were black, khaki, grey and green and all mixed and matched with one another. A couple of scarves added another layer too. I'm sure it will be too chilly for crops and a skort in March but you can change that to 2 pants/leggings and 1 skirt plus 2 dresses. I don't travel with jeans since I think they take up too much room in my suitcase and I'm all about making it with the 22" roller bag. We did 17 days in Italy with the same luggage! When you have to carry your own it makes it worth it to pack light! We have done Alaska and I still have my 3 in 1 coat and I can see how that would be a good option as well as long as the outer coat is waterproof in case of rain.

Ireland was a wonderful adventure and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I am not going........you must have missed my post.....first, the company I was going with decided to cancel

their March tours AND I am having surgery this Tuesday and all my spring travel plans are on hold..........oh, I have

no desire to rent a car and do that on my own. I do travel solo but a small group tour is what I would have been doing.

About 16 people, but that is not happening now.........having a kidney stone removed and from what I have been told,

it may be 2 full weeks out of work:(......yes, we have PTO but it is going to cut in on my real vacation time:(

Lois, good luck on your surgery. I’ve had kidney stones removed (3 different times). First time I was out 2 full weeks & probably shouldn’t have gone back then. Second time I felt great at one week & went back to work. This last time (& the stone was the biggest) I was about 10 days before I felt like doing anything, but I was retired then & really took it easy. Take care & let us know how you’re doing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not going........you must have missed my post.....first, the company I was going with decided to cancel

their March tours AND I am having surgery this Tuesday and all my spring travel plans are on hold..........oh, I have

no desire to rent a car and do that on my own. I do travel solo but a small group tour is what I would have been doing.

About 16 people, but that is not happening now.........having a kidney stone removed and from what I have been told,

it may be 2 full weeks out of work:(......yes, we have PTO but it is going to cut in on my real vacation time:(

Sorry to hear you’re not going. I guess I missed your post. I wasn’t suggesting you drive but just wanted to share what we did and try to help. Good luck with your surgery and perhaps you’ll be able to do Ireland another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lois, good luck on your surgery. I’ve had kidney stones removed (3 different times). First time I was out 2 full weeks & probably shouldn’t have gone back then. Second time I felt great at one week & went back to work. This last time (& the stone was the biggest) I was about 10 days before I felt like doing anything, but I was retired then & really took it easy. Take care & let us know how you’re doing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, thanks......I am a bit concerned about post op.....(I am afraid I will be bored to death here at home:eek:).

Hi Lois,

Just wanted to send good thoughts and wishes to you for your surgery on Tuesday. If you find that you are bored afterward at home you can always go online and post-always someone online who will respond and help take your mind off the recuperation for a little while:)

Sharon

Hi Lois,

I'm so sorry to hear that your trip isn't happening & even sorrier to hear about your surgery. Sending good thoughts & best wishes your way, & hopes for a speedy recovery! Maybe you can spend the downtime planning an amazing Ireland trip for 61 :)

Debbie

Hi girls, had my surgery earlier this week........everything went well. I am home now (actually the surgery was Tuesday morning and I was released Wed afternoon). So I have been doing nothing but watching tv, napping and been on line a bit.

No pain and actually the soreness is almost on gone too:) I am calling the Doc on Monday to see if it is ok for me to go

back to work on Tuesday. I sit at a desk all day anyway so it is not like I am putting a strain on anything.

Hi Lois. First of all, I'm so terribly sorry you won't be going to Eire. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise because I'm certain the weather would be awful in March. I'm glad to see your recovery from surgery seems to be going swimmingly. I hope once you return to work you'll be pain-free.

Is there no other tour company that would work with you?

Good morning........thanks for the good wishes. As for other companies? There are tour companies that go there but most

have larger size groups. This particular company has no more than 16........the big tours (Trafagler, Globus, etc) usually have 40 or more. But it is on the back burner now anyway.........I am not doing anymore research at this time.

Hello girls:)...... it will be my 60th birthday and although I ALWAYS cruise I am stepping outside of the box and doing

a land trip.......I am booking a trip to Ireland (have wanted to visit for many years). I am going with a tour company

that specializes in that area of the world and they have small groups (less than 16). I am very much looking forward

to it but I have some questions about the packing part:eek:......the trip is in March so I know it will be cool temps.......

I know I can wear the same pants on multiple days........and just switch tops. Walking shoes for the daytime and a

pair of black flats for evenings.......I REALLY don't want to over pack. I know on a cruise I unpack once and that is it...

but on a land trip, there will be multiple days of traveling.

I know some of you have done land trips over the years (I have been strictly cruising for the past 15 years)........and

I do have a cruise booked for the summer but this trip is definitely something new for me. We are staying at all 4/5

star properties and they all look lovely:)....it is a 9 night trip.

Any tips and/or information would be appreciated:)

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you:)

Lots of good suggestions here. Having done this trip same time of year I'll just reiterate you'll want a good raincoat with venting and something that breaks the wind well. I had an Eddie Bauer rain resistant type coat but it wasn't much of a wind break and ended up wearing my raincoat the whole trip. One with good venting will cost a tad more but proved well worth it on our trip. I didn't have to keep taking it off and putting it back on.

Take a hat, too. Some evenings may be pretty chilly. Other than that layers will definitely be called for.

Have a wonderful time! Ireland is gorgeous that time of year and not as crowded.

Lots of good suggestions here. Having done this trip same time of year I'll just reiterate you'll want a good raincoat with venting and something that breaks the wind well. I had an Eddie Bauer rain resistant type coat but it wasn't much of a wind break and ended up wearing my raincoat the whole trip. One with good venting will cost a tad more but proved well worth it on our trip. I didn't have to keep taking it off and putting it back on.

Take a hat, too. Some evenings may be pretty chilly. Other than that layers will definitely be called for.

Have a wonderful time! Ireland is gorgeous that time of year and not as crowded.

Thanks for the reply but I am not going..........you must have missed my earlier post.