Zip Line Charge!

sidari

I assure you the zip line charge will be the least of your problems on Seaside. Even if you are lucky enough to have a working toilet, the ship smells of malfunctioning plumbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this from first hand experience currently on board?

Is this from first hand experience currently on board?

Oh yes. The smell in the central common areas is somewhat fecal and masked with air freshener whereas whatever is wafting in through our cabin vent is best described as ‘airplane bathroom spiked with rotting fish’

No it is not for April 18th....it's in February. The first week is sold out and the second week I hear iis near capacity. I spent quite a bit of time online with MSC weighing the pros and cons with the agent...comparing B2B with the 14 night rate....factoring the obc, etc. It was not cheaper to do it as a B2B. I got my best price from them and then went to a TA and they got an even better price than MSC offered.

Sounds Perfect ! Wasn’t trying to be nosey, just trying to help.

Regarding the smell- I was worried about this because several initial reviews mentioned non functioning toilets :(. My experience is that some ships are totally plagued with malfunctioning septic. radiance of the seas comes to mind as they haven’t been able really fixe her pipes in over a decade. Other ships have very minimal plumbing issues. I hope this is something that can easily be fixed for seaside. I’m especially sensitive to smells and this would ruin my vacation :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my! Is that cruiseline specific, or travel industry specific?

Hi lifeasme - the non-refundable deposit seems a quirk of MSC :( I've cruised on Princess, RCI and Carnival - all booked within Australia, and if I recall, all had refundable deposits up until a specific period prior to embarkation. All of course had penalties past this time.

oh yes. The smell in the central common areas is somewhat fecal and masked with air freshener whereas whatever is wafting in through our cabin vent is best described as ‘airplane bathroom spiked with rotting fish’

sent from my iphone using forums

omg!!!

Sounds Perfect ! Wasn’t trying to be nosey, just trying to help.

Regarding the smell- I was worried about this because several initial reviews mentioned non functioning toilets :(. My experience is that some ships are totally plagued with malfunctioning septic. radiance of the seas comes to mind as they haven’t been able really fixe her pipes in over a decade. Other ships have very minimal plumbing issues. I hope this is something that can easily be fixed for seaside. I’m especially sensitive to smells and this would ruin my vacation :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate any input! Thanks!

Hi lifeasme - the non-refundable deposit seems a quirk of MSC :( I've cruised on Princess, RCI and Carnival - all booked within Australia, and if I recall, all had refundable deposits up until a specific period prior to embarkation. All of course had penalties past this time.

Princess was doing the Non-refundable deposit every once in a while last year.

As a matter of fact I booked a sailing to Mexico because the cabin I wanted was available and I didn't want to miss it, thinking that I could always cancel and get the deposit back. When I told my DH he said he didn't want to go to Mexico. It was then that I realized it was unrefundable. Since I had another Princess cruise booked, after much ado, I was able to get them to transfer the deposit to my upcoming cruise, so I didn't lose it.

In addition, I booked a Royal Caribben cruise for my son and his fiancé's honeymoon and it also has a non-refundable deposit.

So it's not just MSC.

RCI has been doing it since 2017. Not new with cruise lines.

: $ 3,921.48 Includes $ 243.48 government fees & taxes, this is what I just got for the 2/17/18 sailing for 2 people in Fantastica Balcony!!!! Doesn't that sound really high?

Sure does, esp comparing it to what NCBest Cruiser paid! That is a holiday weekend, isn't it? President's Day weekend.

NCBest Cruiser got a pretty good deal for SPRING BREAK week: Seaside- Aurea Balcony includes 2 massages + deluxe drink package for 4 people = 3300$

We have a Balcony Fantastica with Restaurant Mealtime Drink Package with $150OBC for $2004 (taxes, fees and port charges are included). I read on CC about the prices going up and down on the website.:o

BTW - I thought you are already booked?

: $ 3,921.48 Includes $ 243.48 government fees & taxes, this is what I just got for the 2/17/18 sailing for 2 people in Fantastica Balcony!!!! Doesn't that sound really high?

Susan,

Your total does seem really high. Could that pricing be for the 14 night sailing? The MSC website will show sailings as either 7 night or 14 night (B2B). I just priced out the 7 night sailing for 2/17/18 for 2 people in a fantastica balcony and got $1,982 including $244 govt taxes and fees ($869 plus $122 taxes per person).

Susan,

Your total does seem really high. Could that pricing be for the 14 night sailing? The MSC website will show sailings as either 7 night or 14 night (B2B). I just priced out the 7 night sailing for 2/17/18 for 2 people in a fantastica balcony and got $1,982 including $244 govt taxes and fees ($869 plus $122 taxes per person).

She is booked on for 2 weeks?

• 4 weeks later...
In the time it took you to make this rude remark, you could have just answered the question that yes, there are French Fries.

Personally, I assume you can ask your server for plain pasta.

And there is no specific kid's restaurant, but the buffet on deck 16 is the smaller, more kid oriented buffet that usually has the stuff that kids like. It's also closer to the water park than the larger buffet down on deck 8.

So far this ship has been nothing but bait and switch. Pretty much nothing I received in writing in my initial booking is turning up to be true for my cruise. I'm REALLY trying to keep an open mind and wait until I am on board because sometimes things do improve, but it is proving more and more difficult.

I doubt very much it is any random decisions. I'm sure someone planned all along to increase revenue via this and other new charges.

Good Luck TravelGert!!!. Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise. thank you for all the info you posted.