Change With Emergency Drill Procedure for Back to Back Cruises

bobjoek

We just completed the first segment of a back to back cruise (Collector Cruise) on the Eurodam and were informed that we did not need to attend the passenger emergency drill for the second leg of our cruise. On previous cruises we had to attend all passenger emergency drills. An interesting change by HAL.

Bob

It has varied for us... sometimes we have and sometimes we haven't. Not sure if it has to do with HAL corporate or the port or the captain?

My suggestion is to follow whatever instructions you are given on board, don't assume based on past experiences. m--

We have been involved both ways. Yeah, I prefer the do not go again situation, but what to do...just sit in your cabin?

Princess is more aggressive about not attending any back-to-back cruise musters. Of course, they don't make passengers stand outside, muster stations are indoors!

I wonder if this decision comes from the Captain, or maybe from a 'safety officer".

I do know that there have been many people who 'chat' their way through the drill. Annoying at the least.

Jim

We just completed the first segment of a back to back cruise (Collector Cruise) on the Eurodam and were informed that we did not need to attend the passenger emergency drill for the second leg of our cruise. On previous cruises we had to attend all passenger emergency drills. An interesting change by HAL.

Bob

I had the same experience on the NA last summer.

I haven't had a 2nd muster drill excluded on a B2B or colletors since the Costa incident.

I would be very happy to have more time in Dover and not have to do it again on our 2nd leg, but we will wait and see.

The rule, IIRC is it MUST be redone every 30 days.

When we have stayed in the same room on a B2B we usually do not have to go to the muster drill on the second cruise, however when we have changed rooms we have to attend the muster drill because the drill location has changed.

HAL has established a standard policy that you must attend a muster drill every 30 days. On B2B or Collectors's cruises, you will receive a message in your cabin that you do not have to attend the muster drill at the changeover or boarding port. However, on a longer cruises, over 30 days, you must attend a new drill, if offered, if your last one was over 30 days ago.

Do not remember that we could skip the drill on the 2nd leg of our Eurodam b2b a few years ago.

Doing Veendam b2b at the end of the month. Will hope for the best and watch for a notification now that we know it is possible. May ask at front desk if no notification.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do not remember that we could skip the drill on the 2nd leg of our Eurodam b2b a few years ago.

Doing Veendam b2b at the end of the month. Will hope for the best and watch for a notification now that we know it is possible. May ask at front desk if no notification.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A "few years ago" we were required to attend both musters. Things have changed.