New to Celwbrity (not cruising) and some Help

Ms Jo UK

Please can someone advise me what extras you get in a Concierge balcony over a normal balcony and if it is worth $400 more.

Thank you

I should add that we are Elite members (if that makes a difference) due to Royal's status match

Sorry I can't seem to edit the typo in the title

Edited by Ms Jo UK

You don’t say if the cruise is on an M or S class ship, also which category of Concierge cabin? On M class, the Concierge cabins are bigger than standard balcony cabins. A C1 aft on M Class is a fabulous cabin and worth an extra cost, however, I wouldn’t do it just for the upgraded amenities on S class ships (basically a welcome aboard lunch in the MDR, footstools, afternoon canapés, thicker robes and extra CC points).

We were just in Concierge cabins over Christmas on Eclipse, only because the rate fell below the balcony category rate we had previously booked ;).

Maybe worth it on M-class but no way on S-class. Since you are already Elite you don't really need the extra loyalty points, which IMO is the only real benefit on S-class. If you want an actual upgrade to a standard balcony, consider Aqua Class, which comes with an exclusive dining room (Blu) and access to the Persian Gardens, which is a lovely spa/relaxation area.

You get a bottle of cheap bubble, a few crumbs of food every afternoon, some foot stools on the balcony (sometimes not) and a gold key card indicating that you paid too much:rolleyes:. It's certainly not worth $400. Even that larger cabin on the M-class ships isn't than much bigger to justify more than a few dollars. I honestly couldn't tell that it was larger (25.sq ft)

Add Priority Check in and pre-disembarkation lounge with coffee, tea and continental breakfast. I would never sail in a cabin less than Concierge. The embarkation lunch in MDR is very nice and the afternoon canapés are small, but welcome.

Cabin location is pretty subjective. We normally book a Sunset Veranda but were bumped to a C1 for our cruise in March. The cabin and balcony are exactly the same as our SV cabin, just a few decks higher.

We're looking forward to trying a C1 for the first time. While the perks, individually or collectively, have never been sufficiently enticing to get us to pay the extra, maybe we'll change our minds after having tried them. We are in the enviable position of having the opportunity to give it a free "test drive" before deciding whether to buy it in the future.

We probably will not book less than a concierge class as we prefer to be on higher decks. The less expensive balcony cabins are on the lower decks. Too bad Celebrity charges more for the higher decks, unlike RCI where all cabins in the same category are the same price.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. We do not care which deck we are on as long as we are close to lifts and have balconies above and below. None of the concierge benefits have made me feel I need to pay an extra $400, especially as we are looking at S class ships.

Please congratulate yourselves you just saved me $400 lol.

Good for you! We're about to sail concierge on Reflection simply because it was thrown in by our travel agent at no cost. It's not worth much to me, and only the extra points, if anything. We're thrilled to be in a standard balcony.