Reflection Review w/9 Month Old Baby!

Tennant

I dont want to bash Carnival but we personally hated it. We went in March on their newest ship, the Breeze. It was FULL of people everywhere. My daughter was only a year old at the time and we could never find even a single chair by the pool. There actually was not even a place to stand by the pool. We had a balcony cabin and a little blow up pool for my daughter so we spent a lot of time on the balcony. Food could not even compare to Celebrity. Buffet was similar to cheap Vegas buffet. There was an awesome sushi place for an extra charge so we ate there at least once a day. There were a lot of activities so for people with older kids/teens it may be good but with young kids you don't really want very crowded places. My son liked the kids club but not more than Celebrity. Cabin was comparable in size and decor but service not so much. I have to say that I have been pretty spoiled by Celebrity so every other cruise line seems worse. We tried Norwegian Epic when my son was younger and even though we liked it, I would not go again with a young kid, those mega ships are just too crowded and they rely heavily on venues that cost extra like specialty restaurants.

Thanks for the honest feedback! My concern with trying Carnival or NCL has been the crowds and food quality. The passenger to space ratio is much much higher on those ships and we really enjoy that Celebrity never feels crowded! Especially now traveling with kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We started cruising long after our children became adults. We have no first hand experience of cruising with kids, but we enjoy seeing families on board with their little ones. Thank you for sharing your packing list. Now, I don't feel so bad about the suitcase of shoes I brought ;)

We were on that sailing, too! I think I remember you - I have the two little boys (ages 6.5 and almost 4) that I liked to dress alike for photos :) We were also on deck 8 just a few doors down from you. We had a cabana with our family one of the sea days too. It was a fun week but I was so disappointed in the weather. Great review, we've been cruising with my boys since the older one was 7 months old. I think it's a great family vacation no matter the ages!