Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Sea trials have been postponed due to high winds according to this article https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/saint-nazaire-sortie-en-mer-annulee-pour-le-symphony-5510909. They hope to get going tomorrow if weather permits it, they don't seem to sure about it though.

Celebrity edge's movement has also been canceled, this one is rescheduled for next week

Sea trials have been postponed due to high winds according to this article https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/saint-nazaire-sortie-en-mer-annulee-pour-le-symphony-5510909. They hope to get going tomorrow if weather permits it, they don't seem to sure about it though.

Celebrity edge's movement has also been canceled, this one is rescheduled for next week

The weather is still iffy, but so far they are going ahead with the sea trials. We'll have to see if the plans change between now and this evening.

The sea trials have been cancelled for today due to high winds. They are postponed 4 weeks. The planned February outing (February 19 2018) for more sea trials will be the only one.

That sounds overly optimistic. Hope they're not rethinking adding those early sailings

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That sounds overly optimistic. Hope they're not rethinking adding those early sailings

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't mind if they canceled the earlier sailings since I am booked on what was the original Inaugural...booked it the day it went on sale and when they changed things I already had my flight booked.

But having said that, I would not want to wish ill on anyone on the earlier sailings - so hope it all works out for everyone.

At the moment it doesn't look that it will have any impact on the delivery date. Symphony was scheduled to have 2 sea trials, they will only have one now and try to "squeeze" everything into the February one .

They cancelled the trials due to the 80km/h winds that made it very risky to maneuver the ship in the very narrow St Nazaire channel. The winds are supposed to calm down by Tuesday but by then the tide will be to low to move Symphony, the next high tide is in a month, hence the one month delay ....

http://www.presseocean.fr/actualite/saint-nazaire-depart-en-essais-mer-pour-le-symphony-of-the-seas-20-01-2018-259751

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/symphony-seas-les-essais-mer-reportes-dun-mois

Right before the welds give out.

Is this an appropriate comment for a Cruise Critic host? Your words carry more weight now and there is no evidence of welds giving out either on this ship or or Harmony before it. I, personally, do not believe that this shipyard is up to the standards of either Turku or Meyer Werfft, but I also do not believe that the ships built at this shipyards are not seaworthy.

Is this an appropriate comment for a Cruise Critic host? Your words carry more weight now and there is no evidence of welds giving out either on this ship or or Harmony before it. I, personally, do not believe that this shipyard is up to the standards of either Turku or Meyer Werfft, but I also do not believe that the ships built at this shipyards are not seaworthy.

The welding on Symphony will be inspected and sea worthy. The quips about the welds are part of a running rebuke.

One of the posters in the "Third Oasis Class Ship's Blocks" (Harmony build) post was complaining about the welds being sub-par and ugly. I believe that poster also commented in this thread. I work around welded metal and have seen the Harmony welds up close. Nothing wrong with them at all.