Can you bring food on?

sassafrass

But WHY? There is certainly enough to eat on the ship. I don't carry anything I can get on the boat.

I don't know if it's the sea air or what but a lot of cruisers crave chips while on a cruise. Unfortunately, Carnival charges almost $8 for a small can of Pringles and they don't have regular chips.

If you find yourself craving chips on your next cruise, remember that you can get chips from room service as they serve them with sandwiches.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Personally not good chips though! One cruise we did bring our own chips to have with with service, I love cape cod and Pringles!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I'm all about bringing snacks on board but more for the beach/activity days, not for the ship itself. Think I read somewhere that all food being taken on/off ship needs to be prepackaged. Is that true? Wondering if I could make a sandwich or take some fruit off in a ziplock bag and bring it off the ship? Or, if I had purchased food off ship and had leftovers, could I bring that back onto to the ship?

I'm all about bringing snacks on board but more for the beach/activity days, not for the ship itself. Think I read somewhere that all food being taken on/off ship needs to be prepackaged. Is that true? Wondering if I could make a sandwich or take some fruit off in a ziplock bag and bring it off the ship? Or, if I had purchased food off ship and had leftovers, could I bring that back onto to the ship?

Leaving the ship it must be a prepared item. Fruit and sandwiches are a big no no. They can introduce harmful parasites or bacteria to the islands and devastate the crops. Many people will say it's fine to take off a sandwich or banana we do it all the time! Some ports even have dogs sniffing bags looking for food. I was stopped in Cozumel because of either the prepackaged peanut butter crackers or who knows what food was smeared on the diaper bag! Once questioned I was allowed to continue on with the snacks for my son since it was all prepackaged. Coming back into the ship I'm pretty sure you can bring food back on no problem.

Fruits, meats, and cheese are not allowed off (same as coming back to the US from abroad) but crackers or granola is ok, in my experience. I'd vote for bringing some energy bars from home. They don't weigh much or take much room and can serve as a meal in a pinch.

As for on the ship, unless there is a special diet that the ship cannot accommodate (and they will try to if you ask) there is no point in bringing food for onboard because the whole cruise is one big free food fest.

They should have or make salad dressing that is ok Four you to use.

Just take to someone in dinning room and they will put it aside for you

There so much food on the ship you will never go hungry

The only salad dressing that they will offer me is Vinegar and Oil. I also cannot use vinegar due to stomach problems.

As for making salad dressing, some brands of mayo even have onion powder in them and it becomes even more difficult when these items come in large vats and even the chefs do not have ready available lists of ingredients.

Also when I try to eat in the buffet, it is almost impossible to get thru the buffet if I would stop and ask at each item whether or not there is onion/onion powder in it. This means main dishes, fish dishes, gravies, ready made salads(i.e. potato salad) are out. That is why I go toward a green salad but at least I would like to enjoy it with my SAFE salad dressing on it.

The only salad dressing that they will offer me is Vinegar and Oil. I also cannot use vinegar due to stomach problems.

As for making salad dressing, some brands of mayo even have onion powder in them and it becomes even more difficult when these items come in large vats and even the chefs do not have ready available lists of ingredients.

Also when I try to eat in the buffet, it is almost impossible to get thru the buffet if I would stop and ask at each item whether or not there is onion/onion powder in it. This means main dishes, fish dishes, gravies, ready made salads(i.e. potato salad) are out. That is why I go toward a green salad but at least I would like to enjoy it with my SAFE salad dressing on it.

I've never looked not can you buy the individual packs of salad dressings like you get at fat food places? I bet that would be ok to bring on of a bottle would be an issue. You can always call special needs and ask. My son is allergic to dairy so they said I could bring his almond milk but it still had to be in the small individual cartons.

Have you thought about buying small plastic refillable bottles that are mostly sold for toiletries and putting your dressing in them. I would think you could just pack them like you would if they had shampoo in them. I always use them for shampoo rather than taking a large bottle. I know once the dressing is opened it has to be refrigerated, but maybe you could put it in the bottle right before you board.

quote=CRUISEWITHH;55001515]The only salad dressing that they will offer me is Vinegar and Oil. I also cannot use vinegar due to stomach problems.

Have you thought about buying small plastic refillable bottles that are mostly sold for toiletries and putting your dressing in them. I would think you could just pack them like you would if they had shampoo in them. I always use them for shampoo rather than taking a large bottle. I know once the dressing is opened it has to be refrigerated, but maybe you could put it in the bottle right before you board.

That is a good idea but it would take quite a few small plastic bottles to last me for a week. I would be afraid that they may take my luggage to the naughty room to check it. Also, I would be afraid that the toiletries bottles may not be leak proof and would hate to have oily salad dressing all over my clothes.