3 Generations-Starting to Narrow Things Down and have more questions

ebrasl

Thanks, everyone for the great advice so far. I am starting to narrow things down and now have more questions.

We will be on the Princess Star in June going from Vancuver to Whittier with stops in Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau. We will have three generations (grandparents in 70s, parents in 40s and two ten year olds).

In Juneau we have decided to do Adventure Bound to Tracey Arm (YES! one decision made!)

In Ketchikan my 10 year old daughter is DYING to fish for salmon but since we will be on a long boat ride to Tracey Arm I am hesitant to schedule another long fishing trip out on the water. Is there a way to do a short one or to fish from shore?

In Skagway my kids want to see the sled dogs but we won't do helicopter ride. Is there a tour we could book that would allow us to see the white pass and do the dogs?

We would prefer a tour that we can book outside of Princess.

Lastly, in Whittier....we are scheduled for a late night flight out of Anchorage so I was hoping to have an excursion that would take us somewhere intresting and then to the airport. But when I look on the Princess website nothing is listed. Is that odd?

thanks again!

For Skagway, look at a bus / train combo tour with a stop at Carcross to see sled dogs. You can take a ride on a sled dog cart on land, but not snow there. We used Chilkoot Tours and were very happy. Others offer the tour with good reviews as well.

You should be able to find independent transportation from Whittier that includes a stop at the Alaska Wildlife Center and possibly a tour of Anchorage and drop you at the airport. Also search for Prince William Sound and / or Glacier tours from Whittier and possibly another option for transportation to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On your cruise personalizer look under Anchorage/Whittier shore excursions on the last day of your cruise. It will list the Princess options. There are several that take you to places on the way to the airport. They are usually called transfer shore excursions since they take you to the airport (or to the visitor center in downtown Anchorage). It's a good way to see something fun after you disembark and they handle the luggage for you.