Who is NOT in a hurry on the last day?

Our last half dozen cruises have all been out of FLL with later flights. If it's Sunday, we're using luggage valet and Ubering up to Las Olas for brunch and then to the airport. If it's Saturday, again LV and Uber to Margaritaville for lunch. We tend to drag the party out to the very end.

Not sure I saw anyone answer this, but someone said the website doesn't say that you have to be out of the staterooms by 8 a.m. I'm sure it's not on any cruise line's website, but when you get your flyers in your room explaining debarkation, it tells you what time to be out of the cabin along with what times and where to go for breakfast and your "holding area." In the past,on other threads, I've seen people say, "big deal. I'm not going to pay any attention to the times they give me. I don't even get up until 10" and I just don't understand that. You aren't going to be in the shops, the pool, the hot tubs, the spa, the salon, the bars, the ANYTHING except the areas where everyone is sitting with their carry on or luggage waiting with many sitting on the floor. We've been carrying my Grandson on cruises since he was four. He's gone on cruises as a teen and taken a friend. He and his friend are told to get up by at least 7, shower get ready, check their luggage and bags and meet us in the area where we will wait together to exit the ship and go to immigration and customs. I'm sure they would prefer to sleep in before a long day traveling. He's now 24, still cruises with friends and they get up and vacate the cabin. He respects the crew and the work they do far too much to do otherwise.

This is our first time on RC, but on Celebrity with an afternoon flight, we vacated the cabin by the time requested (8-8:30), went to the buffet and got our food and drinks and had a leisurely breakfast at a table by a window. We then walked off the ship around 9:30. In Puerto Rico, we went to a restaurant that had a luggage hold option and walked around Old Town and toured a fort before time for the airport. I've never waited in an appointed area on the ship. When we have an earlier flight, we do self assist when it opens.

We have a 1:30 pm flight out of Miami for the Navigator. I'm planning to be out of the cabin at 8, then head to Windjammer, and have a nice leisurely breakfast before leaving. I guess we'll see how crazy it is when we get there. I know the MDR is still serving breakfast then too so we could do that as well.

We drive to the ports so do not need to rush to catch a flight. First, we ask our steward to try to get us low luggage tag numbers, so we're not sitting around the ship waiting for our number to be called. On disembarkation day, we get up around 7am, get dressed, and head to the MDR for a nice leisurely breakfast, avoiding the masses in the WJ.;) We return to our room, grab our carry-ons, and can either head on out or maybe wait for just a very few minutes for our number to be called, and leave the ship. This normally works well for us!:D

We stuck around on board one time waiting for number 40 something to be called and hated it! The last day atmosphere totally sucks! Nobody smiles and lots (not all) of the staff totally ignore and sometimes avoid you, looking afraid that you might ask them something! Kind of like the movie where Harrison Ford says, "Get off my plane!":mad: Nope! We're not sticking around anymore!:*

We valet our luggage to the airport and then that morning have breakfast in the MDR. We get a cup of coffee, walk around in outdoor areas still open and then go to deck 16 aft that overlooks the pools. We sit in the chaise lounges, to soak up the remaining Florida sunshine of March, facing the water to watch the boats. We wait until the very last call for all guests to leave. It has been anywhere from 10:45-11:15. Very relaxing and you aren’t in anyone’s way. There is a restroom nearby also.

We just head down with our own bags around 6:45. Walk off the ship with no lines at all and drive home. Can get breakfast before, but we just eat when we get home or drive thru somewhere. I find it much less stressful to just get up and go home in the morning as opposed to waiting on the ship doing standard disembark. No lines at customs, it's not a madhouse outside yet, etc.

We drive to the ports so do not need to rush to catch a flight. First, we ask our steward to try to get us low luggage tag numbers, so we're not sitting around the ship waiting for our number to be called. On disembarkation day, we get up around 7am, get dressed, and head to the MDR for a nice leisurely breakfast, avoiding the masses in the WJ.;) We return to our room, grab our carry-ons, and can either head on out or maybe wait for just a very few minutes for our number to be called, and leave the ship. This normally works well for us!:D

We stuck around on board one time waiting for number 40 something to be called and hated it! The last day atmosphere totally sucks! Nobody smiles and lots (not all) of the staff totally ignore and sometimes avoid you, looking afraid that you might ask them something! Kind of like the movie where Harrison Ford says, "Get off my plane!":mad: Nope! We're not sticking around anymore!:*

This is basically what we do.

I just can't imagine getting up as the crack of dawn to be the first person off the boat, but also can't imagine hanging around after breakfast.

If we're returning to FL, it's just a situation of hopping off after breakfast and driving home. If somewhere else, we'll take a latish flight or even spend the day in the return city and fly home the next day.

The key for us is not feeling rushed on the last day of vacation...