Is this a good deal?

bfamily4

Hi everyone. We are new to RC, taking our first cruise in 12 days. We are excited and think we're going to love it. Having said that, I'm already planning our next cruise, Feb 2019, western Caribbean on Allure. I was quoted $3866 USD for a spacious interior, with $100 obc. It's a refundable rate. Is this a good deal, or should I wait for another sale or do it onboard? Will I get more obc if I wait to book onboard? TIA!

If you are booking a refundable rate, I'd book now. If prices go down before final payment, you can get a price drop from RC.

Once you are onboard, if the price has not gone up, then cancel and rebook onboard.

It makes no difference if the deposit is refundable or not. You can always call and they will adjust the price if it goes down. I just did it on my Symphony cruise. Saved $80.00 on the cruise, and got an additional $75.00 OBC.on my non refundable cruise.

It makes no difference if the deposit is refundable or not. You can always call and they will adjust the price if it goes down. I just did it on my Symphony cruise. Saved $80.00 on the cruise, and got an additional $75.00 OBC.on my non refundable cruise.

True, for price drops. However, if the OP wants to cancel and rebook onboard to get OBC, then it makes a difference.

Is this for two people/7 nights? If so it sounds high even with the premium they charge for Allure.

We book as soon as cabins open and have six weeks (7 night cruises) balconies booked through 2020 all for 1600-1800 total for two people. Also a 7 night balcony for 3 people at 2200.

Hi everyone. We are new to RC, taking our first cruise in 12 days. We are excited and think we're going to love it. Having said that, I'm already planning our next cruise, Feb 2019, western Caribbean on Allure. I was quoted $3866 USD for a spacious interior, with $100 obc. It's a refundable rate. Is this a good deal, or should I wait for another sale or do it onboard? Will I get more obc if I wait to book onboard? TIA!

Is that for four, as your screen name implies? If so, it's still rather high for four in an interior cabin. Did you price any other categories?

Looking at general prices for Allure Feb 2019 it looks like a balcony goes for around $1800US for two. Doesn't include all fees, but seems like your price is pretty high for four in an interior. I'm seeing $1350US for two in an interior. Maybe this is quote in Canadian dollars? I think you need to get a kids sail free rate or two rooms.

Very high $3866/2/7=$276 PPPD for interior, We are paying $266 PPPD for a 21 night cruise B2B Celebrity Eclipse to Hawaii from Vancouver in a Veranda CAT 2A. Hawaii is one of the most expensive cruises, In a Caribbean cruise same Veranda CAT we pay $170 PPPD

Is this for two people/7 nights? If so it sounds high even with the premium they charge for Allure.

We book as soon as cabins open and have six weeks (7 night cruises) balconies booked through 2020 all for 1600-1800 total for two people. Also a 7 night balcony for 3 people at 2200.

When do sailing get released? Is there usually a schedule it follows? How are you notified?

When do sailing get released? Is there usually a schedule it follows? How are you notified?

Sailings historically have been released in the March/April timeframe, however they have been releasing selected itineraries early during the last few months.

It's for 5 pax (we were a family of 4 up until 10 mos ago :)). And the rate is in USD, it would cost more if I book in cdn since they use a different rate than the current one. The reason for choosing the refundable rate is because it's so far out anything can happen between now and then. How much one do you get for booking onboard?

It's for 5 pax (we were a family of 4 up until 10 mos ago :)). And the rate is in USD, it would cost more if I book in cdn since they use a different rate than the current one. The reason for choosing the refundable rate is because it's so far out anything can happen between now and then. How much one do you get for booking onboard?

It's going to be a tight fit....especially using a pack-n-play for the infant. I would price two connecting interior cabins or possibly a family cabin for a comparison.

I was just on the Allure in Dec. and paid $2400 for 3 of us in a D4 balcony. I booked during a “kids sail free” special. I had a $50 OBC.

I booked before the non refundable choice came into effect, but your price does seem a little high. I don’t know what a spacious interior is either.

I see there are 5 of you, so you might just go ahead and book the refundable and watch for some type of sale.

I believe that is what used to be called the Family Interior, 260 sq ft instead of the normal 140 sq ft.

I'm not sure, but that "spacious interior" might have two bathrooms.

bfamily4, if you tell us the number of the cabin, we could probably be more helpful. :)

bfamily4, if you tell us the number of the cabin, we could probably be more helpful. :)

The TA I spoke to didn't give me an actual cabin #, but she said the "spacious interior cabins" can accomodate up to 6 and are only on deck 11. Room has the bunkbed, sofabed, and the 2 twin beds. Saw a video on youtube and the room looks bigger than our balcony room on NCL.

Is the "30% off every guest" even a sale? I feel like I see this type of sale advertised every month. Do they have better ones? I know they have the KSF once in a while, our upcoming cruise was actually booked in Dec 2016 when they had the KSF and "every 3rd night free" sale. We have spacious family OV and it only cost us $4053 CDN, including grats. Should I be looking at about the same price for the Allure?

Edited by bfamily4
previous wrong info

The TA I spoke to didn't give me an actual cabin #, but she said the "spacious interior cabins" can accomodate up to 6 and are only on deck 11. Room has the bunkbed, sofabed, and the 2 twin beds. Saw a video on youtube and the room looks bigger than our balcony room on NCL.

The TA you spoke with should certainly be able to give you a cabin # for a booked cruise.

The TA you spoke with should certainly be able to give you a cabin # for a booked cruise.

I didn't book yet, just inquiring. That's why I'm on here to see if it sounds reasonable. Since we're new to RC, I'm not really sure what the going rate is for a family of 5 to book an interior/oceanview on the Oasis class. On NCL Bliss (brand new ship), I can book my family of 5 in an ocean view for $4153 CDN. This also includes free wifi for the week. Same month as the Allure, only difference is it's eastern vs the western on the allure.

That’s a specific type of cabin, and they only have a few of them on each ship. If you prefer that kind of cabin to having two connected cabins, then go ahead and book it but you’ll have to keep on your TA to check if the prices go down because they’re not sold online for you to check yourself.

I would definitely recommend looking yourself at the price of two connected cabins, if that’s something you think would work for your family. We like having two cabins so that someone can nap while someone else plays a video game or watches a movie. Connected cabins also book up quickly though so you’ll have to look carefully.