Self Debarkation San Pedro - Pick up time?

plan2travel

Disembarking Star Princess 4/3/18 in San Pedro. The ship arrives at 7 am. Have a 1:10 pm flight and want to get to the airport as soon as I can so plan on doing self debarkation. I know "it depends" but, generally, how much time should I allow to do self debarkation and get through customs? Trying to figure out driver pick up time. Thanks.

We didn’t Self Debark but got off at 9:00 am, grabbed a porter and was thru Customs by 9:00 am and used a Super Shuttle Limo to get to LAX by 10:30 am for a 1:00 pm flight. Of course we have Global Entry and Pre Check at LAX made it easy. If you Self Debark and use Uber or Lyft or SS you should have no problems even without GE or PreCheck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess tends to start disembarkation in San Pedro a little later than other ports. The first self-disembarkation groups are usually scheduled at 7:45-8am.

Personally, I would relax and disembark a bit later. The reason is that at 8-9am, you’ll hit rush hour traffic at its worst. Even the HOV lane is slow or stopped. Leaving a bit later will get you to LAX not that much later than if you left earlier with a lot less hassle. We usually schedule disembarkation pick-up at about 9am and miss the worst of the traffic.

Recently disembarked in San Pedro and new immigration/customs is fast.................very fast. They do both together now and you hand the paper to the officer without stopping near the exit, no more lines. The drive to the airport is about 30 minutes.

Recently disembarked in San Pedro and new immigration/customs is fast.................very fast. They do both together now and you hand the paper to the officer without stopping near the exit, no more lines. The drive to the airport is about 30 minutes.

Exactly! If you haven't disembarked from San Pedro recently, you wouldn't know this. It does make a difference.

We disembarked on Jan 3rd and the agent told us they don’t take the Custom forms anymore? It was fast and we used our Global Entry cards instead of our Passports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk