ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

I've created screen dumps. for most of the info members are commonly asking for, from the UK Brochure for 2016/2017.

There is Info on

A) the Experiences

B) The MSC Club

C) Kids REDUCED fares (they won't be going FREE in the near future)

D) Drinks Packages

E) Service Charges

So here we go

EXPERIENCES

experiences%201.jpg

experiences%202.jpg

experience%20BELLA.jpg

experience%20FANTASTICA.jpg

experience%20AUREA.jpg

experience%20YC.jpg

KIDS REDUCED FARES

The kids FREE place are being replaced with REDUCED FARES. these range from 5% reduction (BELLA) to 80% reductions in ROYAL SUITES in the Yacht Club.

REDUCED%20FARE.jpg

FARES%202016.jpg

KIDS under 2 and aged 2 to 12 have a flat rate , applicable to any particular itinerary and that is why the reduction gets greater as you go up the experiences and move from low season to high season.

Kids 13 to 17 have a slightly increasing fare cost as you go up the experiences

DRINKS PACKAGES

These are relevant to the Aurea Experience, as they are included and vary depending on the cruising area

Allegrissimo%202015.jpg

Allegrissimo%20premium%202015.jpg

CARIBBEAN, SOUTH AMERICA, SOME GRAND VOYAGES

MORE%20FOR%20LESS%20classic%202015.jpg

MORE%20FOR%20LESS%20premium%202015.jpg

Edited by Skier52

That's fantastic, Pete. It will be really helpful - especially for those new to MSC. It's very difficult to get this sort of information when you're a newbie and don't know what to look out for or where to find it.

I hope it will be useful to may MSC guests an nót just the newbies

If there is anything else that lends itself to a table I'll try and find it.

I will exclude cancellation charges as these are governed by different national laws

I've never booked an MSC cruise, but I am open to the possibility.

Looking at the info you posted, room service is free once you book above the basic, no frills fare.

Does this mean there is a charge for room service, if you book the Bella experience? If so, how much?

Or does it mean the Bella folks are not allowed to use room service?:(

I've never booked an MSC cruise, but I am open to the possibility.

Looking at the info you posted, room service is free once you book above the basic, no frills fare.

Does this mean there is a charge for room service, if you book the Bella experience? If so, how much?

Or does it mean the Bella folks are not allowed to use room service?:(

Bella can use the service but are charged delivery. ONLY the delivery is free in the Fantastica and Aurea for room service. the items on the menu are chargable, with the exception of the very limited breakfast menu served between 07:30 and 10:00.

I don't know what the delivery charge is for BELLA cabins.

I don't have a copy of the room service menu so can't give examples of cost

Here is an example of the breakfast order form which is hung on your cabin door handle the night before

Pete

IMG.jpg

Edited by Skier52

I hope it will be useful to may MSC guests an nót just the newbies

If there is anything else that lends itself to a table I'll try and find it.

I will exclude cancellation charges as these are governed by different national laws

It'll be a great help to everyone, Pete :) - hence my saying "especially"

Sorry I posted in the middle of it :o - I requested that the post be deleted and I see that it has been.

There is a charge for items from the room service menu in Fantastica & Aurea, just not for the service! Something in the region of €3 per plate. They had an offer of two items for €5 last time I cruised. I can't remember how much they charged for the service, itself.

This is a list of the items on the menu from Feb 2014:

Soup of the Day

Italian Antipasto Platter

Mozzarella Caprese

Mediterranean Salad

Chicken Caesar Salad

Smoked Salmon Sandwich (my favourite!)

Tuna Salad Sandwich

Speck Ham Sandwich

Ham & Cheese Sandwich

Egg Salad Sandwich

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich

Cheese Plate

Fresh Fruit Plate

Sweet Temptations (Dessert of the Day)

Fresh Fruit Basket (5 Pieces) €4.90

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks, Pete! It's handy to have all this information in one place. :)

The way kids' fares are charged is another policy that varies by region. For the US it has been free up to age 11, while teens have been free for other countries. No telling what they will change it to for the US...MSC seems to be in no hurry to offer anything other than Caribbean itineraries to Americans for 2016 and beyond. :rolleyes:

This is the first I had heard of flexible dinner times for Fantastica balcony guests. Has this been implemented already, or is it for the future?

I see that the daily service charge is also increasing...does anyone know the effective date of that?

This is the first I had heard of flexible dinner times for Fantastica balcony guests. Has this been implemented already, or is it for the future?

Well spotted, Pluto fan. That's an interesting addition to the Fantastica experience.

I see that the daily service charge is also increasing...does anyone know the effective date of that?

Another interesting change! There was an increase in the DSC only recently. I got the impression that the charge was going to increase year on year 'til it's in line with what competitors charge. Will this increase the number of people who remove these charges from their account, I wonder :confused:

Perhaps the answers to some of the questions are included in the small print at the back of the brochure? I rarely read online brochures (find it hard on the eyes) so fair play to Pete for keeping us uptodate on the latest ones!

Edited by Beamafar

Flexible dining is not offered for the Fantastica experience balcony staterooms here in the United States

Mike..........the information is from the 2016/2017 UK brochure so it possibly isn't available yet :confused:

Out of curiousity, I checked the website here - surprise, surprise (NOT!). The brochure is for 2015/2016. It's no wonder I don't bother too much with MSC'S site other than to track cruise prices :(

Mike..........the information is from the 2016/2017 UK brochure so it possibly isn't available yet :confused:

Out of curiousity, I checked the website here - surprise, surprise (NOT!). The brochure is for 2015/2016. It's no wonder I don't bother too much with MSC'S site other than to track cruise prices :(

Bea,,,we don't have a brochure here in the U.S.,,,I guess with only one ship there really isn't a need for one.:(

I have Bea,,but I didn't see anything for the Caribbean 2015/2016 or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough??

Ahhh..........sorry, Mike. I see what you mean. I didn't realise you were being region specific. MSC's policy of treating countries differently regarding info and offers can be very confusing and frustrating. :mad:

Is this what you're looking for:

MSC Divina Caribbean & Mediterranean May 2015 - April 2016

If so, you have to request it by mail from here: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Multimedia/Brochure-request.aspx

Yes,,but unfortunately it is not available on-line. I was hoping to see if any changes to the experience packages have changed for 2016/2017 for us here in the states. We have two Fantastica experience balcony sailings booked and was hoping for the "anytime dining" option which is available on the Med sailings in 2016/2017.

I've tried several times to request this brochure. After I submit all information, it always comes up "Page unavailable." So frustrating! Wish MSC would get their website running correctly.

I know what you mean, but don't be surprised if you receive multiple copies in your mail! A few months ago I submitted my request five times, each time receiving an error message, but apparently the error message was an error as I was sent 5 copies of the brochure :eek:!

Oh my goodness! :eek: Thanks for the heads-up! My mail carrier will just love me (not!)!!

I did email MSC to report the error message/website glitch but never heard anything back from them.

Does anyone know if MSC has a dedicated U.S. site, or is everything handled in Europe?