re meat pies

Pretty much everywhere.

Now my favourite is Harry's Cafe de Wheels (in the commercial range) and there's one at Haymarket, or the original location at woolloomooloo on the waterfront.

Next I'd probably go a Mrs Mac's at pretty much any 7-11 etc or a Garlo's

We are staying at the Amora Hotel on Jamison in Sydney is there any where in this area where we can get a Meat Pie, we would love to try your meat pies?

thanks Sue

Are you going on a cruise? Which ship? Some Princess ships serve the real Aussie meat pies (Mrs Mac brand) at the grill overlooking the pool.

You cannot fail to find a meat pie in any Australia city within 200 metres of where you are standing - we cannot stand to be too far from one of our favourite, cheap and tasty pies. Don't forget to ask for the sauce (ketchup for our USA friends}

Several bakeries in Sydney CBD that make and sell their own 'Dogs Eyes' with Horse of course.:p

Above all enjoy and watch the gravy !!:loudcry:

Yep and some of the small places make the very best. A little bakery in Tasmania make one of the best I've ever had, and believe me I've had a few, but it's easier for a local to find a good one than a visitor that's why I try to suggest a few that are pretty easy to find.

Are you going on a cruise? Which ship? Some Princess ships serve the real Aussie meat pies (Mrs Mac brand) at the grill overlooking the pool.

And wasn't I a happy little camper when I found out about that before our Circumnavigation. Was worried about going 34 days without a dogs eye with dead horse.

You need to have a Harry's with the works. I prefer the veggie pie but with the mash potatoes, peas and gravy on top.

Watched a few cruiseships leaving Newcastle, parked at Horseshoe Beach with a Harry's for dinner!

You need to have a Harry's with the works. I prefer the veggie pie but with the mash potatoes, peas and gravy on top.

Watched a few cruiseships leaving Newcastle, parked at Horseshoe Beach with a Harry's for dinner!

Me too.

When QE was in last year they sold out.

In South east Queensland, my vote goes to Yatala pies, half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Indeed, had those and Fredos on my many journeys to Northern NSW and Qld, to visit relos. Before Coeliac hit me and now no real pies, just GF rubbish.:(:loudcry:

Goldsteins in Qld, many branches also made a good dogs eye.:')

Indeed, had those and Fredos on my many journeys to Northern NSW and Qld, to visit relos. Before Coeliac hit me and now no real pies, just GF rubbish.:(:loudcry:

Daughter is G/F too swears by Ridgy Didge. Says nearly as good as real ones.

Agree that Goldsteins on the Gold Coast make good pies.

It is funny how everyone in my family stops at a particular specialty pie shop en route to Coffs Harbour. Yet we can't remember the name of the town on the river, nor the shop, but we all know where to stop for a great pie. There are little pie shops like that all over Australia, who do a good business on the strength of their pies.

now if they are still available when you arrive in australia , head into coles and look for a four&twenty vegemite and chesse meat pie , they tell me they are delicious however you will have to heat them up yourself

Like Fredos it's not accessible by cruise ship - a long, long way from the sea in fact - but Fran at Larrimah in the NT used to make the best steak and kidney pie you'd ever tasted. She was a retired shearer's cook and the pies were real deep dish and didn't even need tom diddle.

Like Fredos it's not accessible by cruise ship - a long, long way from the sea in fact - but Fran at Larrimah in the NT used to make the best steak and kidney pie you'd ever tasted. She was a retired shearer's cook and the pies were real deep dish and didn't even need tom diddle.

A shearer's cook would know how to make a good steak and kid, but I'd still want dead horse.

One of our family favourites was steak and kidney pie. When one of my sons was around 10 or so, he told me I would make a lot of money if I sold my steak and kidney pies. Don't you love what kids say???? :D

Could have been a millionaire.....Don't you wish you'd listened. :eek::eek::eek:

A good steak and kid is as hard as hen's teeth to find these days and Mr Gut, if it's any good you just don't need tom diddle.

IMO, Vili's pies are the best commercially made pies there are, lots of choice too. Especially the Hungarian Goulash pie.

http://www.vilis.com/bakery/savouries/pies/

you cant beat a scollop pie made in Richmond Tasmania these are to die for... and i cant wait to have one when i head back to tassie in october