OB booking will be allocated a V1 - V4

Lilly55

Booked a number of OB bookings on Seabourn in last few years and have been allocated V4 / V5 / V6.

Read latest booking today and there is a small paragraph amidst all the wording stating an OB booking will be allocated a V1 - V4.

Anyone noticed that before? Is it new?

My travel agent didn’t mention it but it is clearly stated in paperwork he sent me.

Ok. Thank you. I understood the general procedure, but did not understand the letters OB. We have yet to try an OB. So far, we have reserved a specific Veranda by number, stating that we would not accept an upgrade (not knowing what it would be.)

This must be a new policy, or else it is a SB imposed restriction with your TA, or perhaps on a particular sailing. Have booked OB twice in recent years and each time ended up with a V6.

In any case, V1 to V4 for OB price is still a good deal AND it means you will avoid the dreaded 730s

I cannot see why Seabourn would want to restrict themselves by limiting the OB selection from V1 to V4.

The most undersold suite category is V6 which anyone can see is not worth the extra money over a V4 or V5

In fact a V6 is the most likely suite to be given to a guest that has booked an OB because the cheaper V categories usually sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cannot see why Seabourn would want to restrict themselves by limiting the OB selection from V1 to V4.

The most undersold suite category is V6 which anyone can see is not worth the extra money over a V4 or V5

In fact a V6 is the most likely suite to be given to a guest that has booked an OB because the cheaper V categories usually sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree completely. If SB limits is OB guarantee upgrades to a maximum V4 they will wind up sailing with a lot of empty V6 suites. Like the missing laundry on the Encore they will soon recognize their mistake.

This must be a new policy, or else it is a SB imposed restriction with your TA, or perhaps on a particular sailing. Have booked OB twice in recent years and each time ended up with a V6.

In any case, V1 to V4 for OB price is still a good deal AND it means you will avoid the dreaded 730s

Why are the 730s dreaded?

Because they are under the swimming pool and you can get noise when the move the sun beds around

and directly under the patio grill seating, so again, many passengers have complained about noise from tables and chairs being set up early morning.

and directly under the patio grill seating, so again, many passengers have complained about noise from tables and chairs being set up early morning.

And that's also where the most expensive suites (Wintergarden) on the ship are.

I have never understood the reasoning behind this placement , although one Captain explained it as being the pivot point of the ship

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 738 V6 and it was perfectly fine. We did hear noise a few times in the late afternoon. However, we never heard anything in the morning and evening. It was not an issue for us as we loved the location.

We were allocated 734 which is under the Patio Grill and grill seating area when we went to Antarctica. We heard some dragging of chairs/tables after the Patio Grill closed because they put everything up against the serving counter. I don't remember the early morning noises mentioned but that could be because we are early risers. The noise in the evening was around 9 or 10 pm and only lasted about 15 minutes. Maybe because of the cooler itinerary they didn't set the tables out early in the morning.

The cruise and suite were fabulous and I wouldn't care where I was located; it was truly an awe-inspiring experience. I'm going back on the Quest in August and couldn't be happier.:D