Live Oasis, Jan 7th 2018 with pics

Good morning all, I'll be doing a live review of our last minute booking on Oasis for the Jan 7th sailing. I've done a couple others so this will be more of just posting what's happening on the ship and anything you may want to see or ask. This review will be completely done on my phone and Tapatalk since Google photos no longer works when posting pics from your computer. My phone is the Note 8 (sorry apple fans) so hopefully I should be able to get some good shots.

This is us, we've actually done 3 cruises within 12 months which btw never happens or will probably never happen again, but circumstances and great deals got us on these boats [emoji16]

We did the Summit, Southern Caribbean from San Juan in April as a big family cruise, my wife and I and 2 friends did the Equinox Western Caribbean in August and now the big ol Lady O. Plus we live on the West Coast (San Diego) so we always have air involved.

Now this trip will just be 3 of us, myself, my wife and my oldest daughter. d4f2f2473289127bc939153a58752efc.jpgbee9ae6c5f4462f097e9fbcf1212a5ab.jpge8136eeaaa4a0e24d78e2a9eb24ce1c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This trip started out as a trip to Disney world because the flights to Orlando from SD were cheap as heck. At the time we could fly rt to Orlando for about $120 on frontier, crazy. Then my youngest couldn't go at the time we wanted ti go due to some commitments at church and other things. Then I started thinking on how much everything else was going to cost, cars, hotels, tickets to the parks and probably the biggest expense, food!

So I started to look at cruises the same week since I knew airfare was reasonable and my daughter's we're going to start paying thier own way [emoji3]. I came accross Oasis but still for 3 people it was like $3500, way too much, for kicks and giggles I put in for 4 in one cabin and it came up with a X balcony for $2300, cool that's like $750 pp for the 3 of us, but I had to book it for 4. So my youngest daughter is booked in the room with us and hopefully all will go ok when we get to the pier and let them know she couldn't make it.

I just took a screenshot of frontier's fare for next week from San to Orlando just so you can see how crazy these prices are. Yes, $92 round trip. This rates are during the week but if you can swing it, that's a heck of a deal.

We paid about $170 rt which is still a great deal during the weekend. We wanted to keep it cheap with no hotels etc so we opted to fly Saturday overnight, I know, I know, no wiggle room but we're living on the wild side[emoji41]

cf760d19c1375403a73de66e9abe70f9.jpg

I am at work this morning, I don't get off till about 445 and our flight leaves at 930 tonight so I'll be posting through out the day when I get a chance.

With all the bad weather around the east coast I downloaded flight aware to see where our flight comes from, it comes from Orlando thank goodness so we shouldn't have any issues with cancelled flights except, in San Diego since the airport is right downtown with neighborhoods etc around it they have a curfew for planes taking off, I think it's 11pm. So I'm praying there are no issues, cause an an hour and half delay and we're screwed. 🤤 Plus it was really foggy last night, so I'm a little on edge today.

But all we can do is show up at the airport and hope all goes well. So both flights look goode8a83104a65ca20e97d1f9664a457303.jpgeaab65f63aba8e3858237a78fcc689d4.jpg

I'm excited to follow your trip!! I'll have tons of questions as we are boarding her on 1/14!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure just let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best.

I did get the surf n stream package comped for me so I should have service the whole trip. We are diamond as well so we'll have 3 days of internet for a second device. Since we booked so late most shows were filled up already, we were able to book Oasis of dreams, the ice show and the headliner show. The comedy show was all booked up and we have no interest in Cats. We really want to see Mamma Mia but somehow both Oasis class trips we've ended up on Oasis.

Since we're trying to go cheap, there will be no alcohol package or specialty dinning except we did book 1st night done right. I know there have been a lot of questions regarding what restaurants they give, so I'll let you know how that comes out. We're hoping for 150CP. We'll use the diamond lounge and diamond tickets for our alcohol fix [emoji482]. We did also book the complimentary Solarium Bistro so I'll let you know what we think of that.

Ok, my work day is a little more than 1/2 way done. Getting excited!

We will be joining you ! We have been in Orlando since Tuesday night and will drive to the port tomorrow morning and drop off the rental car.

Our first cruise in a Grand Suite, so we are really looking forward to it. Just the wife and I, no kids or grandkids this time (the whole gang is going in August).

Hope your flight goes off without a hitch!

mac_tlc

would love to see pics of the dining room dinner menu and coastal kitchen if you can.

thanks

We will be going to Coastal Kitchen for three of the seven nights, so we can get some pix. Maybe the concierge will have all seven nights menus. I'll take pictures of all I can find!

mac_tlc

At the airport, some fog but not enough to cause any disruptions. Our flight is on time and we're ready to go.

We'll be renting a car at MCO and dropping off in Port Canaveral. Figured the shuttles are $20pp and we got the SUV for $58 so we're saving a few bucks especially when you factor in the tip. Then we can be on our time not the shuttles time. eec69fa03b544a70a51dd62b8b31a46f.jpg

Looking forward to your review. We will be on her on 1/14. We are renting a car in Orlando too and dropping it off in Port Canaveral. I will be very interested in how that goes for you. We have always used the shuttle in the past. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums