Seaside: Kida menus? Allergies?

stournillon

Can someone please post kid menus from any and all the restaurants on Seaside? Anyone experienced travel on Seaside with a traveler with nut allergies?

I am trying to manage my daughter's expectations. Thank you!

Very easy answer for MDR - NONE! Based on the 12/30 cruise.

For an entire week at dinner I asked my waiter is there was a kids menu I was very nicely told no just the adult menus and chicken nuggets ....on the last night of the cruise I complained enough I was able to negotiate a plate of plain boiled pasta to which I added the butter packet from the table.

One night they did show me what looked like a kids menu from maybe another ship but I couldn’t order anything I wanted on it and I never got to see that menu again. The msc main dinning room during our vacation was extremely kid unfriendly. When pushed to main dinner menu for kids I asked if I could get the shrimp and cream pasta for my child without the shrimp and was told no modifications when my child got the pasta dish with a large Crawfish sitting on top of it of course it went uneaten.

Unless they got their crap straightened out by now, it’s going to be like a scavenger hunt for a kids dinner menu. I mentioned in another post that this is very easily fixable, all they need to do is have a stardard kids menu for the week with some crayons like other lines do and families would be easily satisfied.

I pray they fix this soon or the “free kids cruise” on seaside isn’t worth not being able to have a stress free easy dinner with your child in the MDR. Parents with small kids 3-12 investigate to see if this has been fixed on seaside before you book or you’ll be stuck at the tiny Biscayne Bay buffet for dinner every night where kids will eat the same thing all week- mostly: frozen round chicken nuggets, frozen fish sticks burgers hot dogs etc...

Also be very careful with nuts and err on side of only eating what you know for sure doesn’t have nuts. A lot of the food could be cross contaminated because some dishes do have nuts and the chocolate shop Venchi has a lot of chocolates that may be nut based with hazelnuts etc...

Online MSC does have a special needs Form you can fill out to make them aware of your nut allergy I would get that to them ASAP and when on board meet with your waiter and matre d before your first evening dinner so they know to keep your dishes separate from nuts.

I’m onboard Seaside right now with a 10 year old and a toddler. There is a kids menu; our server was extremely accommodating and went out of her way to make sure baby was happy. She served the kids before adults without us asking. In fact, it has 6 months + (baby food) and 12 months food (everyone else). I don’t know about allergies, but the menu items aren’t super “babyish”- our toddler had a broiled sole with broccoli, 10 year old couldn’t be talked into penne with marinara, pizza, or hotdog (no chicken nuggets or burgers on the menu) so he had steak and fries. And he was fine.

The dining room (ipanema) is pretty chaotic and loud. We are in a large group and could only hear our immediate table mates.

I will take a picture of the kids menu the next time I see it, but for the older set it is white pizza, “turkey chicken hotdog” penne marinara, rotisserie chicken. Fries and veggie options for sides. My 10 year old is very picky and was being grumpy last night and thus opted for steak.

Maybe someone else can speak to allergy safety efforts on board but so far we are very pleased and I cannot comprehend all the harsh reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m onboard Seaside right now with a 10 year old and a toddler. There is a kids menu; our server was extremely accommodating and went out of her way to make sure baby was happy. She served the kids before adults without us asking. In fact, it has 6 months + (baby food) and 12 months food (everyone else). I don’t know about allergies, but the menu items aren’t super “babyish”- our toddler had a broiled sole with broccoli, 10 year old couldn’t be talked into penne with marinara, pizza, or hotdog (no chicken nuggets or burgers on the menu) so he had steak and fries. And he was fine.

The dining room (ipanema) is pretty chaotic and loud. We are in a large group and could only hear our immediate table mates.

I will take a picture of the kids menu the next time I see it, but for the older set it is white pizza, “turkey chicken hotdog” penne marinara, rotisserie chicken. Fries and veggie options for sides. My 10 year old is very picky and was being grumpy last night and thus opted for steak.

Maybe someone else can speak to allergy safety efforts on board but so far we are very pleased and I cannot comprehend all the harsh reviews.

That’s great to hear! I hope all waiters have been trained the same way so there’s consistency in expectations. Happy cruise

Yes some pictures of the menu would be great for folks to see thanks

Thank you. Hopefully there will be more options for kids...but this doesn't sound great. I will have to stash some cereal and milk in the room!

Sorry can’t stash cereal lol when we went they put cereal in a large brown with a regular table spoon fro you to pour yourself ...needless to say that bowl was a germ factory in my opinion :o

Thank you. Hopefully there will be more options for kids...but this doesn't sound great. I will have to stash some cereal and milk in the room!

The cereal situation could also be improved. I didn’t see any brown paper bags 🤨 but they do put cereal in these tiny white pots and you serve yourself with a small soup spoon. Choices aren’t marked but appear to be Cheerios, bran, muesli, and chocolate Rice Krispies. My kid has been eating the chocolate variety for breakfast all week, along with pancakes, fruit, sausage, and warm pain chocolate.

We’ve been skipping the kids menu in the dining room; last night my picky kid at calamari for the first time and he ate all his rigatoni with meatballs. Another night he ate lasagna. Steak is on the menu each night with fries, so our server always brings out a plate of fries for him too. He isn’t starving!

We sent him to the kids club once and they take all the kids to the small buffet at 7:00. They seat them in the back by the chicken nuggets and ice cream and help them get pizza and whatever else they want.