Falmouth-Why-oh Why-oh does RCL keep stoping here-IDEAS PLS!

Go to Negril. Long drive, but a gorgeous beach and Rick's Cafe.

Agreed. It's a long drive but beautiful beach. We went to Sandals Negril for our honeymoon years ago but loved the area and Rick's cafe.

It may be time to consider sailing on a different itinerary, ship, or cruise line if you’re sick of Falmouth. Can’t blame Royal Caribbean for stopping there frequently when they’ve invested so heavily in that port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be time to consider sailing on a different itinerary, ship, or cruise line if you’re sick of Falmouth. Can’t blame Royal Caribbean for stopping there frequently when they’ve invested so heavily in that port.

Know that you are a thread fav, but I really HATE answers like this. We really enjoy the Oasis with all it`s toys, Labadee is an ok beach day and well, Coz is Coz!

Jamaica is getting more dangerous every day and very little to do.

-

And yes I can blame RCCL, when so many write and post to drop Jamaica!!! I am Customer

Royal did listen to you and many others. They added Costa Maya and Roatan to the ports that Oasis class ships stop at for the western itineraries. If you start looking at the itineraries you will find many Westerns where they don’t stop at Jamaica.

For example Allure sails from May of 2018 to May 2019 without stopping at Jamaica. Once all 4 Oasis class ships are sailing from Florida only 2 will stop at Falmouth. Also once the dock gets built at CocoCay the number of stops in Nassau by Oasis class ships is greatly reduced.

Just to annoy you.

Seriously, just find a cruise without Falmouth in its itinerary.

Just plain dumb answer, but keep getting that post count up!

Royal did listen to you and many others. They added Costa Maya and Roatan to the ports that Oasis class ships stop at for the western itineraries. If you start looking at the itineraries you will find many Westerns where they don’t stop at Jamaica.

For example Allure sails from May of 2018 to May 2019 without stopping at Jamaica. Once all 4 Oasis class ships are sailing from Florida only 2 will stop at Falmouth. Also once the dock gets built at CocoCay the number of stops in Nassau by Oasis class ships is greatly reduced.

Now this is a reply that I really appreciate, Thank you! It was date and ship, this time...Always next Spring-Perhaps! No man is promised tomorrow

I don't know. We had a great time in Falmouth.

Went to Royal White Sands for the day and had an awesome day.

Went down the water slides, used the lazy river, got in the ocean, used their pool.

The time flew by as it seemed that we just got there and it was time to go back to the ship.

Bill

-

And yes I can blame RCCL, when so many write and post to drop Jamaica!!! I am Customer

You knowingly booked a cruise to a port you don't like and blame the cruise line? Too funny.

As for ideas, last time there we booked inexpensive transport to Doctors Cave Beach in MoBay with Jaital. Beach time, shopping and lunch at Margaritaville. Nice day off the ship. But then we like Jamaica :)

Just plain dumb answer, but keep getting that post count up!

Her answer is no dumber than your question. And you conveniently left off her second sentence "get a cruise without Falmouth."

As long as people go on RCCL cruises stopping at Falmouth, they will continue to get value for the money they spent building the port.

Agreed. We only get to do one cruise a year so we are sure to find the itinerary we like. It seems Western seem to be cheaper and usually includes one or both of these. I don’t even bother.

OP, this may be a muddled mess of a post but I remember a post in a Facebook RCCL board about a place in Jamaica that looked like a hot tub in the sea. You walk outside through a bunch of tall grass/seaweed and suddenly it was a round clearing. Hopefully someone reading this knows what I mean :-). I hope you find something you enjoy!

Know that you are a thread fav, but I really HATE answers like this.

I hear ya! But I’m being very honest and straightforward with my recommendation.

I absolutely love the Oasis class, and our cruise on the Allure still ranks as one of our best ever. The reason why I haven’t sailed on an Oasis ship since is simply because it seems that most itineraries either have ports that I’m not interested in going back to, or that I’m sick of. I have seen a couple new itineraries with Eastern Caribbean islands that I haven’t visited, but unfortunately, every time I look, those itineraries don’t match the weeks when I can usually travel.

With all of that said, I’ve allowed my pocket do the protesting and have chosen to branch out to other cruise lines with ports that I haven’t visited before. It’s been refreshing and very enjoyable, not only to visit new places, but also to try new things.

I don’t think that Falmouth will disappear from itineraries any time soon just because some people have expressed their dissatisfaction with this port. Unless something major happens, like uncontrollable crime rates and tourists murders, Falmouth will remain a staple of Royal’s Western Caribbean itineraries indefinitely.

Edited by Tapi