Why does Royal's website have to be such a chore?

PCWalton1

Five days ago I checked into our April 9th Ovation cruise. No problem, everything went smooth, printed SetSail Pass, all is good. This morning I went in and checked into our April 14th Ovation cruise. Again, no problem, added all the same information and all ready to print the SetSail pass for this cruise.

But no! Can't do it as Section 1 (Guest Information) is showing incomplete for both of us. I went back SEVERAL TIMES to check and see if anything is missing but all areas are complete. Sigh. Thank you for letting me vent. :mad: :(

Five days ago I checked into our April 9th Ovation cruise. No problem, everything went smooth, printed SetSail Pass, all is good. This morning I went in and checked into our April 14th Ovation cruise. Again, no problem, added all the same information and all ready to print the SetSail pass for this cruise.

But no! Can't do it as Section 1 (Guest Information) is showing incomplete for both of us. I went back SEVERAL TIMES to check and see if anything is missing but all areas are complete. Sigh. Thank you for letting me vent. :mad: :(

I recently did check in for our B2B Mariner cruise in April. It won't let you print the set sail once you've clicked consecutive cruiser.

That is new but no big deal, you don't need it anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What is frustrating for me is we have 5 people traveling in our group. 2 adults and 3 children. We have a cabin for 5, the ultra spacious family balcony cabin on deck 11. In order to book the cabin for 5 people, we have to have a split reservation. 4 people on one and my youngest child on another. The online check in process is a pain because I have to do his first before ours, then link the reservation to ours once ours is complete. You’d think they could put as many people on the reservation that the room will hold! Vent over!

I recently did check in for our B2B Mariner cruise in April. It won't let you print the set sail once you've clicked consecutive cruiser.

That is new but no big deal, you don't need it anyway

That's true as we will be on board and won't have a use for it. Good point John, Did it still show the first section of check in as incomplete?

I checked this morning and the first section still comes up incomplete so I called C&A. Turns out I had checked "consecutive cruiser" for arrival and their system doesn't want to recognize that. even though we have completely checked into the first cruise and checked departure on the first cruise as "consecutive cruiser". So the rep had me check my arrival as "personal vehicle" and now the first section come up complete. Lovely :(

I checked this morning and the first section still comes up incomplete so I called C&A. Turns out I had checked "consecutive cruiser" for arrival and their system doesn't want to recognize that. even though we have completely checked into the first cruise and checked departure on the first cruise as "consecutive cruiser". So the rep had me check my arrival as "personal vehicle" and now the first section come up complete. Lovely :(

Are you sailing from Singapore?

That's where we leave from April 9.

Mariner had no issues recognizing Consecutive.

I almost always check that for my cruises. I have become tired of RCI not appreciating my flight information and not accepting it... as if I am going to change my flights to suit their liking.

You’d think they could put as many people on the reservation that the room will hold! Vent over!

This is called VERY lazy coding.

The last time I booked 5 in one room I sent their IT department a two-page long rant on why their website is broken and how to properly fix it. Probably should have had it translated into Hindi first.

The website is a pain for me, keeps telling me my log in details are incorrect, no problem, changed my password, log in details still incorrect, but when I click to change password again I see at the top of the page I am logged in, so I can only get on my account that way. My log in details are correct but for some reason it won't work that way for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes April 9th then the 14th. I guess Ovation is not as smart. [emoji16]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

We'll be on the little ship next to you. 😉

We're staying at the Marina Bay Sands. Their pool is a bucket list item. 😁

OMG! I was just thinking this!! The website has been driving me crazy all weekend trying to make reservations for my time dining, shows and activities for our June 14th Anthem sailing. I don't understand why you can't make my time dining reservations for multiple nights from one screen. Back and forth, back and forth for each day. At point, the site would not allow me to add people from another cabin to my show reservation. Later it worked. RCCL needs to better. I mean really! Everything is done now but I just wanted to vent.

We'll be on the little ship next to you. [emoji6]

We're staying at the Marina Bay Sands. Their pool is a bucket list item. [emoji16]

We're also staying there on the 8th. Scored a grand club king room. Marie is looking forward to the infinity pool

We're also staying there on the 8th. Scored a grand club king room. Marie is looking forward to the infinity pool

We have the 7th booked as well, even though we won't check in until 1 AM or so on the 8th. I wanted the whole day on the 8th.

Laura is kind of leary of the pool. 😉

Hopefully we'll see you there.

First of all, Bill & Marie, John & Laura, I forgot to wish you all a very enjoyable stay at MBS and an amazing cruise :D

Are you sure you didn't just look too early? I just did a quick mock booking in their website for dec 6th and all room types come up.

Secondly, a BIG thank you, Bill.

It's not the first time I'm trying to book a desirable hotel more than an year in advance, and never had a problem.

For this booking, I've tried from October, and they showed the dates, but then they said "sorry, we're sold out for those dates". Lastly, I've tried 2 weeks ago, and then I gave up, since the same message showed on Booking.com, hotels.com and Expedia. I've thought a big convention has taken up all the rooms.

And now, after reading your reply, I practically "flew" to the official site, and, as u said, a "miracle", plenty of rooms available !!! Yu hu, I've already made the much desired reservation thanks to a post on CC.

Bless u, Bill, I'm doing the happy dance:D:D, Dani

First of all, Bill & Marie, John & Laura, I forgot to wish you all a very enjoyable stay at MBS and an amazing cruise :D

Secondly, a BIG thank you, Bill.

It's not the first time I'm trying to book a desirable hotel more than an year in advance, and never had a problem.

For this booking, I've tried from October, and they showed the dates, but then they said "sorry, we're sold out for those dates". Lastly, I've tried 2 weeks ago, and then I gave up, since the same message showed on Booking.com, hotels.com and Expedia. I've thought a big convention has taken up all the rooms.

And now, after reading your reply, I practically "flew" to the official site, and, as u said, a "miracle", plenty of rooms available !!! Yu hu, I've already made the much desired reservation thanks to a post on CC.

Bless u, Bill, I'm doing the happy dance:D:D, Dani

Glad I could help. Enjoy. :D