Improving Reviews for the Seaside

BestNC Cruiser

Obviously most all of the initial reviews from the transatlantic crossing were pretty bad. For me, the sample size is still way too small. I have skimmed/read through 60-70 or so reviews/feedback on CC and other outlets. That's only about out of what,16,000-18,000 passengers so far? Still not much, but the good news that I see is an improving trend toward more positive reviews compared to the negative. I know, the poor reviews are still there and that will always be the case. However, reading the long thorough reviews that highlight multiple aspects of the reviewers entire cruise show me things heading the right way for the Seaside. Lets all hope this trend continues.

We are fortunate that Jim Zimmerlin (Jimzim) is cruising on the Seaside this week. Not sure if you've seen any of his very indepth reviews/videos...but he provides a wealth of knowledge of each ship he sails on with comparisons to other ships. His reviews are not only informative but always objective and unbiased. Once you review his input you should have an excellent idea what to expect (positives, negatives, and opportunities for improvement)

Here is the thread he started yesterday showing the Seaside mooring at Port of Miami...https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2584799

We are fortunate that Jim Zimmerlin (Jimzim) is cruising on the Seaside this week. Not sure if you've seen any of his very indepth reviews/videos...but he provides a wealth of knowledge of each ship he sails on with comparisons to other ships. His reviews are not only informative but always objective and unbiased. Once you review his input you should have an excellent idea what to expect (positives, negatives, and opportunities for improvement)

Here is the thread he started yesterday showing the Seaside mooring at Port of Miami...https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2584799

Thanks for sharing this! I'm following him now. :D

Yes he is excellent.

Obviously most all of the initial reviews from the transatlantic crossing were pretty bad. For me, the sample size is still way too small. I have skimmed/read through 60-70 or so reviews/feedback on CC and other outlets. That's only about out of what,16,000-18,000 passengers so far? Still not much, but the good news that I see is an improving trend toward more positive reviews compared to the negative. I know, the poor reviews are still there and that will always be the case. However, reading the long thorough reviews that highlight multiple aspects of the reviewers entire cruise show me things heading the right way for the Seaside. Lets all hope this trend continues.

As with all new ships they have initial problems and things improve with time.

The Divina had mediocre reviews as well and I had the best time!

I'm not worried.

I am going to be in the Caribbean (btw, awesome ports, right?), don't have to cook or clean, have a show every day, can swim, lounge, read, drink, work out or generally do whatever I need to to relax. What more could I want?

I’m on Seaside now and I’ll be posting a mostly glowing review. A few Service problems aside we’ve been pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the ship is. (One of my issues is WiFi, hence no updates as of yet!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on Seaside now and I’ll be posting a mostly glowing review. A few Service problems aside we’ve been pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the ship is. (One of my issues is WiFi, hence no updates as of yet!)

I'm looking forward to your review!

I'm not worried.

I am going to be in the Caribbean (btw, awesome ports, right?), don't have to cook or clean, have a show every day, can swim, lounge, read, drink, work out or generally do whatever I need to to relax. What more could I want?

Perfectly put windlicht <3 :ship:

are you in Yacht Club? or are you doing bella/fantastica?

The reviews by those in YC are consistently positive. For the rest, it mostly seems like the ship is very under-staffed.

I'm not worried.

I love your positive attitude and I completely agree! It looks like we are on the same sailing - we can't wait:D!!

are you in Yacht Club? or are you doing bella/fantastica?

The reviews by those in YC are consistently positive. For the rest, it mostly seems like the ship is very under-staffed.

No, inside room, Fantastica. I feel like the folks complaining are either (1) seasoned cruisers (I am not) or (2) elderly. We heard many people complaining the first few days. OH: look at these carpets, they are filthy! (You can see occasional white flecks on that maroon/purple carpet). And the elevators- we are able to use stairs but the elderly on board are furious with elevator service, which I get. I did 55 floors yesterday alone, and we were in Jamaica most the day. My parents are with us, they are 70ish with limited mobility and they are balking at the European style of service. It’s a little more abrupt and clipped than your average Denny’s. Doesn’t bug me, but I can see how some miss their warm southern style of service.

Bar service is fine, but we don’t have a drink package so we aren’t at the bar much. Our room steward is awesome. We see him all the time and he gives us ice nightly and did a turndown service last night.

Dining room was long the first night (1.5 hours for service)- we had asked for things to come out quickly because we didn’t want to miss sail away, but that’s as fast as they can do. They aren’t good at coffee in the dining room (we’ve asked but never received all three nights). So we go to a coffee bar instead. Our server Anna is from Fantasia and extremely nice.

I'm not worried.

Mostly I agree.

But I have concerns about food allergies and questions about activities.

Hoping for more reviews!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, inside room, Fantastica. I feel like the folks complaining are either (1) seasoned cruisers (I am not) or (2) elderly. We heard many people complaining the first few days. OH: look at these carpets, they are filthy! (You can see occasional white flecks on that maroon/purple carpet). And the elevators- we are able to use stairs but the elderly on board are furious with elevator service, which I get. I did 55 floors yesterday alone, and we were in Jamaica most the day. My parents are with us, they are 70ish with limited mobility and they are balking at the European style of service. It’s a little more abrupt and clipped than your average Denny’s. Doesn’t bug me, but I can see how some miss their warm southern style of service.

Bar service is fine, but we don’t have a drink package so we aren’t at the bar much. Our room steward is awesome. We see him all the time and he gives us ice nightly and did a turndown service last night.

Dining room was long the first night (1.5 hours for service)- we had asked for things to come out quickly because we didn’t want to miss sail away, but that’s as fast as they can do. They aren’t good at coffee in the dining room (we’ve asked but never received all three nights). So we go to a coffee bar instead. Our server Anna is from Fantasia and extremely nice.

I felt I needed to confirm all your observations! I was disappointed as soon as my family arrived on ship. It smelled like sewage for days. Smell and memories are interwoven, so hard to forget. Bathroom filthy, communication “not” good, buffet closed after a long day of excursions, kid food on 16 th floor only option, no water, or healthy salad options. No after dinner coffee choices.

We craved any kind of customer service. Beach towel fiasco, (I found my own towels at 1 am after 2 calls and no solutions before our 8 am excursion next day) felt sense of resentment from staff. We didn’t ask for anything out of ordinary, we were not demanding or pushy. But, as business owners we expect a certain level of consistency. If MSC wants to appeal to U.S. Customers, they need to work on quite a few things.

However, with that said. The best part of our experience: the beautiful new ship, large fantastica balcony cabin, shows with amazing costumes, Venchi Bar, Sports Bar

and just being with my family.

Finally, someone like the rest of us - non YC and inside! Love it! Can't wait for your full review!