Carrying a glass of wine into the MDR?

holdon216

We have brought our allowed two bottles of wine onboard in the past and opened them in our room. Then carried the glass of wine into the MDR. Are people still doing this? Or will we get busted? $15.00 to open a 10.00 bottle of wines just plain stupid. My opinion.

We often stop by a bar for a couple of empty wine glasses on the way back to our cabin. Easier for me because I take a glass of my wine out and about and when I'm done I just leave the glass where ever we are on the ship.

I normally don't take the wine glasses already in the cabin because we'll probably use them on the balcony later :D

We have brought our allowed two bottles of wine onboard in the past and opened them in our room. Then carried the glass of wine into the MDR. Are people still doing this? Or will we get busted? $15.00 to open a 10.00 bottle of wines just plain stupid. My opinion.

You can carry it wrapped in a brown paper bag, if that suits your fancy.

I ask for wine glasses at a bar. Then open the wine in my cabin. No one would know if I bought it at a bar or brought it from my cabin.

I always bring a drink to dinner one way or another. Getting a beer or glass of wine at dinner takes too long.

The $15.00 charge is not a big deal for the service offered. But many people bring their drinks into the MDR.

Is the service offered, opening a bottle of wine?

The corkage fee isn't for having someone open a bottle of wine. It's for the convenience of bringing a bottle of wine, that wasn't purchased on board, into the dining room. Doesn't matter if the bottle is already opened, has a screw top or a cork.