Brief Breeze Review

Ocean Cat

The ship was lovely and laid out very well. The crew was always cheerful and very helpful. I loved our cabin, it was nice and roomy. We had an aft cabin 9479. If you get an aft on the 9th deck no one can look down on you, however it can be noisy with chairs moving above on the lido deck. Believe it or not we never once ate in the main dining room. We had two nights at the steakhouse which was pretty good, one night at the Italian and it was good. One night we ate Sushi, also good. Then one night in the frog pub, one night we had room service,it was not so good and one night the buffet on the lido deck, that was truly inedible. I thought it might just be the night we ate there so I tried it for lunch too, also inedible. Our lunches were eaten at Guys burgers, Tandoor, the deli and Blue Iguana. All were very tasty especially the burgers and Indian food.

The elevators were dreadfully slow and the crowds were annoying at times. I think next time we will try a smaller ship.

Last year we went on a top of the line cruise with Seaborne. I know there's no comparison but the Seaborne was $5000 pp and the Carnival was $1500 pp with the booze. Yes, Seaborne was a nicer experience but not ***that*** much nicer. And part of that was bc there were fewer ppl on the Seabourne. I was happy with the Carnival product.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to write up the review. You answered my question about the wi-fi before I asked it! Nice to hear the comparison of Seabourne to Carnival and it agrees with my opinion. Plus, they don't have a Guy's which is an addictive guilty pleasure.

Oh yes, you certainly can request any configuration you want for a sandwich, as long as they have the ingredients. The same goes for the pizza, order what you want and they will happily make it for you.

Thanks !! DH will be glad he can still get his (simple) favorite lunch :D

I have sailed on Dream class ships 11 times, and I find the crowded feeling on this class is directly correlated to the number of passengers on that sailing. Up to 4,000 feels just fine (Carnival's listed passenger capacity is 3646 on the Dream and 3690 on the Magic & Breeze). But in reality, these ships sometimes sail with 4400 or more passengers. Then they feel crowded.