No show question

If you complete the online check in and agree to the cruise contract terms, but you end up being a "No show" on the cruise do you still get Taxes and port fees refunded?

Example 3 Guest, 1 Can't come anymore (don't want to modify room/ final payment past already)

Thanks

Stan

If you complete the online check in and agree to the cruise contract terms, but you end up being a "No show" on the cruise do you still get Taxes and port fees refunded?

Example 3 Guest, 1 Can't come anymore (don't want to modify room/ final payment past already)

Thanks

Stan

You can also substitute someone else if you have a different person who is interested in going.

And any other pre-cruise purchases that were made.

Bob, I don't know if it is just this part of the world. But there is no such thing as RCL returning the taxes for the no shows for my last half dozen cruises. Also RCL would just give me 1 point per night by default and I had to get Next Cruise to email them to change to 2 points per night.

I have read about not dropping the second passenger in advance because this causes pricing problems and the price for one person would be the same as two people, but is there a reason not to drop the third person in advance instead of doing a no-show at the pier?

Do they reprice the room for dropping the third or fourth passenger?

I recall seeing somewhere that third or fourth passenger dropped after final payment still gets a full refund, is this correct?

Maybe they move you to a room that doesn't accommodate a fourth or third passenger?

Bob, I don't know if it is just this part of the world. But there is no such thing as RCL returning the taxes for the no shows for my last half dozen cruises. Also RCL would just give me 1 point per night by default and I had to get Next Cruise to email them to change to 2 points per night.

I know about solos having trouble getting their extra point per night, that's been reported periodically since they started giving solo cruisers the extra point. I didn't know that you don't get your taxes back, that's unfortunate. Do no-shows get a refund for any pre-cruise purchases, like a beverage package?

I have read about not dropping the second passenger in advance because this causes pricing problems and the price for one person would be the same as two people, but is there a reason not to drop the third person in advance instead of doing a no-show at the pier?

Do they reprice the room for dropping the third or fourth passenger?

I recall seeing somewhere that third or fourth passenger dropped after final payment still gets a full refund, is this correct?

Maybe they move you to a room that doesn't accommodate a fourth or third passenger?

You can drop the third or fourth passenger up to 14 days before the cruise for a full refund. However, unlikely as it may be, I'd be concerned that they might move you to a stateroom that cannot handle more than two guests.

I know about solos having trouble getting their extra point per night, that's been reported periodically since they started giving solo cruisers the extra point. I didn't know that you don't get your taxes back, that's unfortunate. Do no-shows get a refund for any pre-cruise purchases, like a beverage package?

Sorry I am late getting back to you. Watching CNN and consuming anything about Trump.

Have not made any pre-cruise purchase here so I can't tell on this.

You can drop the third or fourth passenger up to 14 days before the cruise for a full refund. However, unlikely as it may be, I'd be concerned that they might move you to a stateroom that cannot handle more than two guests.

Thanks. Good to know because I might have to do this and I was most worried about having the cabin repriced. Moving is a secondary concern but as long as the cabin is the same class I would be OK.

Thanks

Stan

Yes you will.