Carnival triumph to offer diverse schedule from new york, fort lauderdale, & norfolk

CruiseAdict218

MIAMI (January 16, 2018) – Carnival Triumph will operate a diverse itinerary schedule in 2019-20, with a wide variety of four- to 14-day departures from New York, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and Norfolk, Va., visiting nearly two dozen stunning destinations throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas, Canada, New England, Bermuda and the Panama Canal.

“We’re delighted to offer this unique schedule on Carnival Triumph which will operate an array of cruise durations and varied itineraries departing from three convenient homeports along the East Coast,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “With such an array of cruise choices vacationers have the opportunity to enjoy short, valued-packed getaways to tropical destinations to longer length departures visiting spectacular ports of call,” she added. Four- to 14-Day Cruises from New York

Carnival Triumph will offer the wide variety of itinerary choices from the Big Apple with four- to 14-day voyages departing in the summer and fall 2019 visiting beautiful destinations in Bermuda, The Caribbean, Canada and New England, as well as the unforgettable opportunity to visit the Panama Canal.

Five four-day “long weekend” Bermuda cruises depart May 23, June 20, July 18, Aug. 15 and Sept. 12, 2019, and offer guests a full day to experience the island while a six-day Bermuda cruise departs Sept. 16, 2019, and spends two full days at the island. An eight-day cruise departing June 24, 2019 offers two full days in Bermuda, as well as a stop in Grand Turk.

Three seven-day cruises will also be offered, departing Sept. 22 and 29 and Oct. 6, 2019 and featuring day-long calls in throughout New England and the Canadian Maritimes.

Carnival Triumph’s schedule from New York also includes two distinctly different exotic eight-day Caribbean itineraries: one featuring Grand Turk, San Juan and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic) with departure dates of July 2, 10 and 30, Aug. 7 and 27, Sept. 4, 2019, the other visiting San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk and departing July 22 and Aug. 19, 2019.

There’s also a 10-day exotic eastern Caribbean itinerary departing June 10, 2019, calling at San Juan, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, as well as a 14-day Carnival Journeys cruise that departs May 27, 2019, and includes the opportunity to visit the Panama Canal during a call in Colon (Panama), as well as visits to Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Limon (Costa Rica), and Half Moon Cay. Guests sailing on Carnival Journeys cruises enjoy unique local dining and entertainment experiences and a number of shipboard enrichment activities.

Four- and Five-Day Cruises From Fort Lauderdale

As part of its new schedule, Carnival Triumph will offer a series of four- and five-day cruises from Fort Lauderdale in April 2019 and, following its summer schedule of cruises from New York, will also operate these itineraries from November 2019 through April 2020. Carnival Triumph will be the only Carnival ship to operate a short cruise itinerary from this port. On this route, four-day “long weekend” voyages depart Thursdays and visit Nassau and the private Bahamian destinations of Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays. Five-day sailings departing Saturdays call at Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays, while five-day voyages departing Mondays feature Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman.

Five- and Six-Day Cruises From Norfolk

Carnival Triumph’s schedule will also include five- and six-day Bahamas voyages departing from Norfolk’s Half Moone Cruise Center. Two five-day voyages will depart May 12 and 17, 2019 calling at Nassau and Freeport while six-day cruises depart May 6, and October 14 and 20, 2019, visiting Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport.

Wide Variety of Onboard Amenities

Carnival Triumph offers guest a wide variety of popular and exciting options, including Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Food Network star Guy Fieri, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Cantina Tequila Bar, and the BlueIguana Cantina serving authentic Mexican fare. The ship also features hundreds of balcony staterooms, as well as a luxurious health and wellness facility, complimentary children’s programs for kids in three age groups, and a 214-foot-long cascading water slide.

Prior to the launch of this program, Carnival Triumph will undergo an extensive multi-million-dollar refurbishment that will add a variety of exciting food, beverage and entertainment innovations.

I am with you FBW. I live 30 minutes from the port and have taken 3 cruises out of Norfolk. It would be nice to have longer cruises that go someplace besides the Bahamas. Guess we will keep paying airfare to sail out of Florida or San Juan.

Good news for NYC! We will be booking one of the 7 day Canada cruises. :cool:
Wish we could do the CA/NE trip again, but my now-5 year old will be almost 7 by that time and will be in 1st grade (how is that possible???). I also would love to do the Panama sailing, but we're going to have to 'settle' (haha) for a regular Caribbean itinerary during the summer. We will miss being able to travel during the school year very much.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do to the Triumph during the refurb; she was our first Carnival ship.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This announcement would be considerably more exciting if i didn’t see friggin’ Nassau over and over and over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i am booked on the 10 day journey cruise..wooho. soo glad carnival has a nice selection of itinerary instead of the usually bahamas cruises

Congrats on the booking! We are now booked on the 9/22 NE / Canada sailing. Haven't been on the Triumph since 2002, so really looking forward to it. :cool:

Can't we get some itineraries besides the STUPID Bahamas?! SERIOUSLY! Why am I going to pay more for a shorter cruise to those sucky ports? Same old same old. Just skip Norfolk altogether.

I agree! I was excited to possibly something different out of a Norfolk. I’ll just keep cruising out of Florida I guess.

Kind of bummed to find out Triumph is the NYC summer season ship for 2019, especially after getting spoiled with the brand new Horizon for 2018.

me too. i was hoping to be able to sail the Horizon in 2019 out of NYC. I guess now i have to wait like forever for the ship to eventful sail out of NYC again

Also to note her dry dock time was cut down too, so she probably won't be Sunshined?

Is this official? Figured that only a Sunshine revamp would make this an attractive option out of NY for many, myself included.

Will try to squeeze in the Horizon this year and sail the competition out of NY in 2019 if this just winds up being another band-aid upgrade to an older ship. Competition has upped their game in NY lately and also MSC will be in the market in NY 2019. Carnival we deserve better if this isn’t a full sunshine type revamp.

Is this official? Figured that only a Sunshine revamp would make this an attractive option out of NY for many, myself included.

Will try to squeeze in the Horizon this year and sail the competition out of NY in 2019 if this just winds up being another band-aid upgrade to an older ship. Competition has upped their game in NY lately and also MSC will be in the market in NY 2019. Carnival we deserve better if this isn’t a full sunshine type revamp.

April 15, 2019 is her first cruise back in service, 5 Day Western Caribbean RT Ft. Lauderdale, with her last from NOLA ending on March 1. Does she have any 2.0 upgrades or perhaps not as many?

Luckly we have a sailing booked on the Horizon this year, Conquest next year; but would love to squeeze in a cruise on the Triumph next year, first ship I sailed on back in 2009. Both Merviglia and now Norwegian Bliss are coming to NYC so there is competition but lack of ports that can happen on a 7 Day. Lot of cruises stop in Port Canaveral, but why don't they throw in Charleston or Baltimore instead?

*Edit: She has all the 2.0 features it seems so I wonder what will happen in this drydock?

Edited by CruiseAdict218

I'm just not thrilled with the NYC itinerary. Since I'm busy at work through the third week of June and DH teaches college, we're limited to vacations between end of June and second week of August. We're already booked on Horizon for this summer for an 8-day Caribbean out of NYC, so we don't want to repeat it next summer. A 4-day Bermuda trip just isn't enough time in Bermuda (we haven't done a 4-day cruise since 2010). And I'd love to go back to Canada, but September just doesn't work for us. We may look at another cruise on Pride for next year.

I'm just not thrilled with the NYC itinerary. Since I'm busy at work through the third week of June and DH teaches college, we're limited to vacations between end of June and second week of August. We're already booked on Horizon for this summer for an 8-day Caribbean out of NYC, so we don't want to repeat it next summer. A 4-day Bermuda trip just isn't enough time in Bermuda (we haven't done a 4-day cruise since 2010). And I'd love to go back to Canada, but September just doesn't work for us. We may look at another cruise on Pride for next year.
this is my feeling as well and, quite frankly, if they aren't giving the ship the 'Sunshine treatment', we probably won't book the Triumph despite the convenience of leaving from NYC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cannot understand Carnival and the New York market. This Ship is downgrade anyway you look at it. Have done the summer trip out of new York for past 3 years and have the Horizon booked for this summer. I don’t care about the ports as getting away from New York is just so much easier than flying to a different port. I will go anywhere from New York but will think hard as the other cruise lines have mega up to date ships with better amenities for not that much more out of this area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They’re gonna have to compete with Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Gem & MSC Meraviglia to name a few... I can’t imagine them not doing some sort of MAJOR upgrade to compete with those ships. Also after having the brand new Carnival Horizon the year before? Has the dry dock been shortened?

They’re gonna have to compete with Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Gem & MSC Meraviglia to name a few... I can’t imagine them not doing some sort of MAJOR upgrade to compete with those ships. Also after having the brand new Carnival Horizon the year before? Has the dry dock been shortened?

i too am a bit confused on Carnival poor choice of ship for the NYC cruise market. Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape and MSC Meraviglia is all big ships with a capacity of over 4,000 passengers like the Horizon. The Norwegian Gem and Carnival Triumph is a mid size ship with a capacity of only about 3,000 passengers or so. I guess since bookings for Carnival Horizon is not as good as they hope, they figure to compete in that smaller mid-ship size market instead of the big ship market.

Carnival always had a conquest type ship sail out of NYC like the Glory, Splendor, Sunshine and now the Triumph. Maybe that could be their sweet spot for this market.

Dry dock is now only a month and 10 Days or so, also NCL just announced the Bliss will sail from NYC as well.